The Wait Ends/Beginning of The Semester

Yeet

Summary: The School year starts, why the hell is there a limousine infront of the University? A rumor that the 2nd Pirate King is back? Count Ace in.

AKA, Luffy gets an embarrassing (to the spectators who are embarrassed for him) car ride to school. The Portgas-Gol D. family is introduced. FT. My cousin who wrote the first paragraph 

***

Ace rolled over the bed and dropped to the floor, as his father shouted "IDIOT COME DOWN!! IT'S THE FIRST DAY OF YOUR GODDAMN SCHOOL YEAR AND YOU'RE STILL SLEEPING!!" Roger yelled from downstairs before he sighed and looked over to his lovely wife, Rouge, "Why is your son like that?" he asked, his wife giggles with his reaction and replied with "Like father, like son" she smiled. Roger adored her giggles and smile so he leans over for a ki—.

"Yo, dad wtf?"

"Language, Ace. Sabo, help your brother out." It boggles Roger to no end how his wife knows these new ways of communication. Sabo, their son who was more alike with Rouge than Ace ever did, stood up from his seat from the dining table and pulled out a chair for the freckled teen.

"I don't need you doing that... Ohmp." Ace complained but still sat on the sturdy wooden chair and face planted on to the table's flat surface.

"Yeah, whatever you say. Narcoleptic Idiot."  

Today is his and Sabo's 3rd school year in Grandline University, another year without him. The entire family seated around the dining table, Sabo eyed Ace; he was making a face again.

"Ace..." He started, the clanging of forks and spoons stopped. The parents took a glance at the young men, Sabo's eyes were saying 'Don't, I can handle it.' and they trusted their blond son.

For a long time, Ace and him, in this current life. Were incomplete, sure they were related now, their biological parents alive and healthy (he was sure Ace wasn't exactly thrilled to have Roger as his father again at first). Sabo was happy he had parents that genuinely cared and loved him for who he is, parents that supported his life choices and guided him through-out this life. However, the empty piece in their heart bothered both Portgas brothers to no end.

The 2nd Pirate King, the one to receive the old worn-out straw hat from the 1st Pirate King, the one dubbed as the 'Pirate Prince', 'Crownless King' or 'Uncrowned King', the one to give them a meaning to their last life, the one who was kind and brave enough to fight the entire world and give it to them and think that it wasn't sufficient enough. The one they called little brother, had given them ALL a second chance at life.

They all had unfair circumstances from shining as bright as he did, they were all chained by something that deterred their ability reach out and grab his hand and be pulled to freedom. That had angered the Pirate King. His crew, Nakama, family, friends, enemies, rivals... They were all victims of this cruel world, the cruel world that had bestowed horrible lives on them.

He changed that. He changed all of that, how he did it was something beyond their comprehension. How he managed all this wasn't something that was mean to understand, it was meant to accept. Former enemies grew up in safe and good home conditions (no longer were they thought 'survival of the fittest' or 'might makes right'), rivals that had lost; gained, Nakama that were hurt; were healed, family that was separated; reunited.

All because of a pure soul.

And that pure soul had sacrificed so much, he had not reincarnated with them.

Ace thinks he could never repay such a debt. Ace doesn't know if he COULD repay it at all.

"I know, Sabo. I know." Ace began eating his breakfast, filled with gratitude that his mother and, ironically, his father was here though. Sabo being his twin in this life had been an absolute blessing. He was grateful to have met Luffy in his previous life, and seeing him be spoken so highly and positively of made him feel happy. At least in this life, he was getting all the recognition he deserved.