6

*UNEDITED*

"Get!" pillow

"Away!" Book

"From!" Purse

"Me!" and finally the remote.

I watch in complete amusement as Abba chases Noor around the living room and she throws whatever she gets her hands on at him.

"It's not a bad place" he defends but she's having no word of it. Ok, she has an appointment, at the ear clinic, they think she has an infection cause since her fever went down, her ears had been red and puffy.

"You don't know that!" She retaliates. I had said, they should put ice on it and hope for the best, but abba said you can't cure everything with a block of ice. Such a doctor, now look at him, hehe.

"Noor. Stop. Now!" Mami demands and the child does as told while abba topples over to catch his breath, I wonder how he is so unfit yet he doesn't look like he is. What actually surprises me is how mami can put a hold on every single individual in this house in a matter of seconds

'Including you aye'

Shut up subconscious! She does not control me

Sureeeee!

"You are going to the clinic and that's final" Mami declares and the child only pouts at her words. "Go get ready, meet me here in 10 minutes" she orders.

"Alina, you're coming with us" I sharply tear my gaze away from the figure of a retreating noor and settle my eyes on mami. "I'm what?" I question and she raises a brow "do you also have hearing issues? I said you're coming with us" I hang my jaw unable to come up with a suitable remark. "Oh, pull yourself together Zayd" she slaps abba's shoulder as he is still trying to catch his breath.

"I'm not going!" I yell as she walks away, I'm sure she heard me, I'm super pretty very sure she did, but she didn't even spare me a glance, nor did she pause, hell, she didn't even flinch. I in return squint while waiting for her return.

5 minutes

8 minutes

10 minutes

13 minutes, noor is back but she isn't.

15 minutes, my eyes are really starting to ache from all the squinting

18 minutes, oh blast it!

I relax my eyes and just then did the woman decide to walk into the room as if waiting for me to stop squinting.

Ugh

Soon I realize all the other kids are behind her.

What the...

"We're dropping them off at madrasa" she states and I huff "but Ayaan and..." "Yes they're done, I'm aware,  we're dropping Fahima at Zahra ma's and Ayaan at your aunt Cara's" she explains and I nod then open my mouth as another question comes to mind "imma learn how to code!" Ayaan exclaims answering the question I didn't get to ask, he then does a mini victory dance.

Another question comes to mind but before I even open my mouth, "Cara's husband, Saif, knows how to code and he had spare time so yeah" Mami says while cutting me off, yet again "could you stop cut..." "Are you ready" she cuts me off and I give an annoyed groan "I said I'm not going!" I lightly yell.

"Well we're not leaving you alone at home, now get up," Abba says and I glare at him "what is so bad in leaving me alone, I'm an adult!" I yell "and I'm older than you now do as told!" He yells back.

~

"I am not happy about this" I express my displeasure yet again "yes Alina, you've only said that thirteen times since we left the house" Mami grumbles and I huff.

We drop off Zayn and Salma at the madrasa before going to the hospital.

"Come on!" Mami whines as I refuse to leave the car. "I already told you, I'm not happy about this, go ahead, id probably cause a scene anyway," I say then open my phone and aimlessly scroll through completely ignoring any other words out of her mouth.

Abba gets back in the car and brings down the windows just a bit before going back out. "Whose staying with her?" I hear his question but don't pay any attention. None of them would want to stay with me anyway.

"I don't mind" ahh Fahima. I used to like her so much.

"Ayaan?" He asks and I tear my gaze away from my phone to his face. "Nah" he didn't meet my eyes, he didn't need to, the heat of my gaze must have been enough. He gave the right answer tho.

Fahima steps in along with her tablet and headphones, completely ignoring my existence and occupying herself with whatever interests her.

Abba locks the door after her and I gape "seriously?!" I yell and he bobs his head "seriously" then they walk away, soon enough, they're out of sight.

With a sigh, I sink back into my seat and then throw a glance over my shoulder at Fahima. She doesn't acknowledge me so I continue to tap away on my phone.

"Do you ever get tired?"

"Excuse me?" I question and I turn to her. "Um, looking at screens"

"That's not what you wanted to say Fahima, I know you that much," I tell her and she grumbled incoherent words under her breath.

"Would you answer it tho"

"No I don't get tired, it gets boring, but I'm never tired," I say and she nods "now say what is on your mind"

She sighs "do you ever get tired... Of being stubborn, giving mami a hard time, trying to make abba feel bad or whatever. Doesn't it tire you?"

I did not expect that

Like I didn't...

Um

I knew...

Well I was sure whatever she wanted to say revolved around what she said first but damn

This is a whole other topic

'Click'

I blink

"What was that?" I question and she shrugs "I took a picture of you, I took a lot actually, you just happened to notice the last one" I gape at her and she continues "what? You were making ridiculous faces, I couldn't resist" she defends.

"Why would you ask me that?" I return back to the initial topic "it's just, you do it a lot and I just wondered if it was tiring"

Well, what an intriguing question to decide to ask you little...

You're not seriously going to cuss your little sister out are you

You have no business in this conscience

I do, that's our little sister

Step!

Still!

It wasn't even out loud!

Just look at her face and say that again

I look at Fahima's face to find her eyes dilated, her whole posture changed and I let out a low groan.

Blast!