MY REAL JOB

(Y/N) made it to the rooftop of the lab where she worked, she walked inside and quickly changed into her normal clothes and then lab coat. she then walked into the lad as she said " sorry I'm late, I --" but then she looked up and saw her boss, doctor otto Octavius attached to some wires as he controlled a remote arm that was on the table. (Y/N) watched in amazement as he moved his arm up and down as the metal arm copies. (Y/N) walked towards otto, " the great committee's director will be here soon. " otto said. (Y/N) felt bad for being late, she knew how important this was to otto. otto sighed and said, " it's fine (L/N) invented this equipment, I think I can handle it." (Y/N) nodded but then sparks started to fry the control system. everything went haywire and otto cried in pain, (Y/N) ran towards the emergency button on the wall and pressed it, shutting down the system. 

she then ran to otto and pulled the wires off him. " dr. Octavius! are you okay?" she asked as she helps otto up. " another setback" otto said in disappointment before turning to (Y/N) with a warm smile, " but we're close." he said. then a woman and two meant walked in and looked around in shock at the smoke and the smell of burned wires and computers. (Y/N) sighs as she realized it was the committee. " Is anyone hurt?" the committee director asks. " no, but it was all my fault--" (Y/N) started but then octto interrupted her and said, " the energy levels exceeded our expectations. from a certain viewpoint, that's a very positive development." " it doesn't smell very positive." the woman said as she waved the smoke out of her face, " I assure you, in the next phase --" otto started but the woman interrupted him, " let's not get ahead of ourselves. is there somewhere else we can discuss this?" the woman asks. (Y/N) was now worried, did she do something wrong?, what were they going to talk about?. all these questions were swimming in (Y/N)'s head. otto turned to (Y/N) and says, " maybe you should take the rest of the day off, (Y/N)" (Y/N) looked at her boss with a look of concern, " but--" " we'll talk later." otto said before walking away and leading the committee to another room. 

(Y/N) sighed, she didn't want to leave without doing any work. she wants to help otto in any way she can. " that was a disaster. how could the dampener have failed? I know doc said to take the day off..." she said to herself before she looked at the metal arm and walked towards it. "let's see what's wrong with you, huh?" (Y/N) said to herself before she gently takes the metal arm in her and looked at it carefully. she then takes a tablet and taps her finger on the screen m making it light up. she lets out a sigh as she found the problem, " circuit burned out. if I had been here to do the pre-check, I would've caught this." she said before fixing the problem. once she finished working on the tablet before taking the controls of the arm and watched as it moved around smoothly. " good as new." she said to herself with a smile. 

she placed the controller on the table with a sigh and said, "I better go before I make things worse." she takes off her lab coat and hangs it up before walking out the door to the roof. once she was outside she picked up her backpack that she left and changed into her spider-woman suit. then she hears someone calling her,  she answers the call to hear yuri on the line. " spider-woman, it's yuri." " fisk make it to Ryker's yet?" spider-woman asks as she started swinging through the city she hears cars honking their horns and people talking below her. " not Ryker's our boy qualifies for the VIP treatment. he's in the raft." yuri replied. Spider-woman landed on a rooftop railing as she said, " Ahhh - joining scorpion, electro and the rest. Fisk should be honoured - that's esteemed company." " Can you swing by the precinct? got an issue that could benefit from your unique skill set." yuri asks. spider-woman nodded her head, " for you yuri, anything. I'm on my way." she said kindly before making her way to the police station. 

as spider-woman was swinging to the police station, her phone ping alerting her of another episode from Jameson's broadcast.

 " hmm- looks like Jameson's got a new episode out. wonder what my number one fan thinks about the fisk take down.." (Y/N) said to herself before she landed on a rooftop before she takes out her phone and plays the broadcast before she contuied making her way to the police station. " welcome to ' just the facts with j.jonah Jameson- alerting you to the threats you don't even know about. let's dive right into the calls. speak!" jonah said before the caller said, " Okay, so, not for nothin; you gotta give spider-woman respect for taking down Wilson fisk, right? I mean, one less mob boss is good for everybody." " is that.. right? tell me, are you a police officer? prosecutor? maybe an award-winning reporter with decades on the job, like me?" Jameson asks. there was a moment of silence before the caller said, " uh, no. I'm a plumber." " Oh, good. then fix my toilet and SHUT UP! let me explain something to you about crime bosses. soon as one goes down, every punk with a gun, a tracksuit, and a drawer full of gold chains decides he's the next godfather. we're gonna have a gang war in the streets. but does that web-headed moron give a damn? of course not. she got on TV, that's what counts." Jameson said. " yeah, well, I can get copper pipe without paying kickbacks now. so until that gang war starts, I'm on the web-head's side." the caller said, this made spider-woman smile as she landed on another rooftop building in front of the police station as she finished listening to the broadcast. " and you'll be singing a different tune when three new mobs are lining up to change you triple for the same pipe... or just break your legs! GOODBYE!" and with that, the broadcast ended. spider-woman just sighed and said to herself, " someday, jonah. I'm gonna get you to say something nice about me someday."