Chapter 4

It was the last whole day that the girls were spending away from their pack, and they planned to enjoy it all. The festivities started with them watching a scary movie marathon from the night before straight into the ween hours of the morning. Everyone was too scared to go to their respective bedrooms, much less to sleep, so getting wasted at 5 AM by a werewolf liquor called The Elixir was their next bet. There were many signs that one shouldn't take the liquor lightly, from the danger skull-shaped bottle to the big red danger sign slapped on the label. Maya insisted on a drinking game, that they all deserved it for missing out on Alpha McHottie. They all knew better than to listen to her, but they went ahead playing Kings and now Never Have I Ever.

"If I don't empty my bladder now, I'll be emptying it here," Maya said as she tried to stand up four-time unsuccessfully before opting to crawl to the bathroom. All the girls laughed uncontrollably at her misfortune.

"I don't know why we always listen to you. You think after the whole fire incident we would learn by now." Taylor said while she tried to take another shot but missed her mouth completely.

"Please, you guys love my ideas, or you wouldn't do them with me," she said while crawling all the way to the bathroom.

All agreed that even though they always seemed to get in trouble with both their alpha and parents, especially Carmeta's dad, they always had fun and some amazing memories to go with it. Through their laughter of recalling the memories of the fire incident that almost burned down their pack house, the house phone rang. All the girls looked at one another, mentally deciding who would be the misfortune one to drag themselves to the kitchen to answer the phone. "Not it" they all shouted simultaneously, but Carmeta was too slow.

"Damn it!" Carmeta cursed as she fought her way up with the help of the armchair next to her and walked awkwardly to the phone.

She looked ridiculous, as her entire body seemed to tilt to the left. The entire room seemed to be upside down to her. Not only that, but her wolf also seemed to enjoy herself as if she was on a euphoric high without a care in the world. She grabbed the phone on the fifth ring, just in time before the person on the other end hung up. The party for the other girls did not stop as they continued to play their drinking game with lots of drunken shouts and cheers. Carmeta leaned against the kitchen island and closed her eyes, trying to get relief from the spinning room. She said hello, then snapped her eyes opening thinking that it was probably her dad calling for the day. The man was relentless in his endeavors of her still being alive and behaving herself, especially with Maya. Like the lecture he gave them all before they came, about them being in a new territory wasn't enough. They weren't idiots. They didn't want to get killed at the hands of another alpha and bring shame to their pack. Besides, if her brothers or father didn't kill her, her mother surely would. A smoking deep voice came drifting from the phone. She moved it from her ears and looked at it, hoping to see the face that belonged to that voice. It was not her father or any of her brothers, and it certainly didn't belong to anyone she knew.

How delicious!

***

Monday morning came drifting swiftly as the girls placed the last of their bags in the trunk of their car. It was not a good day to be out of bed, much less to be up so early but they had to get back to their pack before noon. Carmeta stifled a yawn as she dragged herself to the car door. The morning's light struck her in the eye, and she squinted to escape its torturous glare. Slipping on her shades, the day before flashback came to her. It all started with a scary movie marathon then multiple drinking games that ended with them ordering food and trying not to throw up. It was 11:00 PM before they were all knocked out from exhaustion, overeating, and drunkenness. What made the situation more unbearable was the fact that they all had to get up at 5:30 this morning in order to make it back to their pack before her 12-noon curfew.