He Looked Nothing Like A Hero

Soundtrack; Apocalypse, by Cigarettes After Sex
______________________________________________

Dark grey clouds suffocated the skyline, weeping heavily as thunder plundered the heavens. The streets in this part of the city were for the most part abandoned; villains lurked within every shadowed corner of the mutilated apartment buildings, civilians brutally slaughtered or chased out of their homes by the devastating amounts of destruction procured upon the corrupt souls that had been unleashed when Tartarus fell. Junked cars scattered the streets, the only reminder of a normal neighborhood. A metro bus had crashed into a streetlight, leaving the pole laying across another street.

You had heard of the rumors though you didn't want to believe them. After the war against the Meta Liberation Army all of Japan had been thrown into an unstable dimension. Nobody knew who they could trust and who they couldn't. Tensions were high and citizens were revolting against the heros. The title of hero was abandoned left and right, a name once brandished so proudly now looked upon with shame.

Your classmates were distraught when he departed from U.A. under the guise that he couldn't put others' lives at risk. He had left a note in an envelope on the bed inside your dorm. It ripped you apart, tears streaming down your cheeks as the sobs you emitted caused your whole body to hurt the next day. The last sentence brought you to your knees, clutching the hastily written goodbye letter against your chest.

Please don't come looking for me.

You had been a shell of who you once were around your classmates; unable to even leave your room a majority of the time. They usually came to check on you, Bakugou was the only one who didn't knock before entering. Instead barging in and telling you to get off of your ass or he'd bring you something to eat and sit in your desk chair, huffing and puffing like the tsundere he was. He didn't understand why you were so bent out of shape over Deku running off to kick ass alone.

Didn't you trust him?

Of course you did, but that wasn't what you were so upset over.

He left you behind.

Now you didn't have the strongest quirk. It was no shining light compared to Izuku's One For All. But it had its advantages and was powerful enough to get your strongest peers concerned for their victory in mock fights.

After the months of being a student at U.A., you and Izuku had grown close. You were stuck together like Velcro, having such a peculiar relationship that caused the other heroes in training around you to question if the two of you were truly just friends or not. Shortly after the raid on the Yakuza you had cornered Midoriya in his hospital bed, forcing him to make a pact with you.

The green-haired boy couldn't do much to stop you from straddling his lap, the fingers of your non-dominant hand sprawled across his bandaged chest while your pointer finger resided on his freckled nose. You could feel his heart palpitate under the palm of your hand. You could tell you put him in an unsure state of mind whenever you ended up on top of him. The fine specimen underneath you had been in this predicament before with you though it had always occurred during a private sparring session.

"Here's the deal, Deku." You spoke up, pleased by his beautiful emerald eyes shining up at you with sincere curiosity and something else you couldn't quite pinpoint. "You scared me during your fight with Chisaki. I didn't know if you'd come out alive." Tears began forming at the corners of your eyes.

His calloused hand rose to wipe them away before they spilled, resting on your cheek as you held his hand there and leaned into his touch, closing your eyes. "I know I'm not always much help, but you worry too much about being the hero everybody needs." You sniffled weakly, choking on the words before they left your mouth. "Promise me that you'll take me with you next time. Please let me be there to have your back. I don't care if I die trying, I want to be your hero."