Chapter 12

Heyy! Another chapter! Hope you guys aren't sick of the 7 Minutes in Heaven! Only a couple more chapters on it! Also sorry about the long wait, I didn't have Wi-Fi for a while! Anyways, enjoy! Also we're at 3k reads!!!!! Thank you so so so so so so SO much!

Marella POV

     Biana shoved me and Dex into the closet, still clearly embarrassed. After she locked the door we stood in an awkward silence.

     "Sooooooo," he said after a little while, "what do you want to do?" 

     "I don't know," I chirped. I could tell my voice was higher pitched. 

     I'm afraid of the dark. It began before I started Foxfire. Stina and I used to be friends but then one time, we were at my house, playing Truth or Dare with a couple other friends. She locked me in a cupboard for twenty minutes because someone made me kiss the guy she liked. (E/N: Oooh harsh) So now I have claustrophobia and a fear of the dark. 

     "Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't know," Dex responded sympathetically, making me realize that I had just spoken that all out loud. I could feel my cheeks burn like wildfire.

     "S-s-sorry," I mumbled, moving back a little. "I-I didn't mean to say that."

     "No, it's fine," Dex assured me while moving slightly closer and softly grabing my arm. I slowly let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

     Our faces were centimeters apart and all I needed to do was get the courage to lean forward. But before I could, I felt him softly kiss me.

Dex POV 

     Marella and I were standing in awkward silence. What were we supposed to talk about? I waited.

     "I'm afraid of the dark," Marella stated rather suddenly. "It began before I started Foxfire. Stina and I used to be friends but then one time, we were at my house, playing Truth or Dare with a couple other friends. She locked me in a cupboard for twenty minutes because someone made me kiss the guy she liked. So now I have claustrophobia and a fear of the dark."

     "Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't know," I replied. I didn't know how else to respond to that. I mean, *italics* my dad had made me and my siblings practice our skills, so I had pretty good night vision. I don't know what her dad taught her but I'm not afraid of the dark because I can see. Maybe I could teach her....

     "S-s-sorry," she muttered, turning a cute shade of pink. "I-I didn't mean to say that." She started backing away from me as far as the closet would let her. 

     "No, it's fine," I informed her as I moved a little bit closer and softly touched her arm (I didn't want to move too close; she had just told me that she was claustrophobic).

     Marella had let out a sigh of relief, her warm breath on my cheek making me realize that our faces were mere centimeters apart.

     I think I leaned forward—or maybe she did—but either way we were now kissing.

Hope you enjoyed! I'll try to do another chapter soon! 687 words including author's notes (sorry a lot of it is authors notes).

Also I'm going to try and do a question for each chapter from now on so here is this chapter's question!

What book are you reading right now (not on wattpad)?

Right now I'm reading "Miror Miror" it's a twisted tale book of "What if the Evil Queen poisoned the prince?" It's really good so far and I'm about ⅔ of the way in to it! Have you ever read, if so, what did you think of it?

Update, I am now reading "A Cuban Girls Guide To Tea and Tomorrow" and it's really good so far! (Anyone else have a problem where they read books so fast they run out of books to read? No, just me? Okay)

Not just you lol I'm scared to finish KOTLC

If you need any new books to read just lmk!

Na I either have too many to read or too little/none, and right now I think its too many.