Kairi Sane v. Io Shirai - MITB Qualifier

The pearl white briefcase dangling over the ring set the stage for the impending contest. Sane and Shirai shared no shortage of history dating back to their respective careers in Japan. Whether friends or foes, the kindred pair always found one another in the ring. Both competitors couldn't have been more opposite; Kairi embraced the fan reception whilst her foe stalked the ringside area amidst strobing lights and a veil of darkness. However, once the bell rang to initiate the first contest of RWWE season two, the action was fast and furious.

The bitter rivals immediately clashed in the center of the squared circle. There was no lock-up; instead, the pair quickly began exchanging shots and trading blow for blow. Io would send Kairi reeling with a heavy uppercut, however, Sane would utilize the momentum to rebound off the ropes with a jarring spear! Whilst Shirai clutched her gut, Sane hooked both legs and flung her from the mat over the top rope! Instead of flying off the apron as intended, the Genius of the Sky would hook the ropes and ricochet with a springboard dropkick! Throughout several close falls, it became apparent that neither woman would falter in her game plan, leaving them chest-to-chest with Japanese explicatives being shouted back and forth!

Ducking another spinning backfist, Io shoved Sane towards the turnbuckles before marching forward with a double knee in mind. However, Kairi would slip through the middle rope and come up above with both feet to send Shirai tumbling! The Pirate Princess would then ascend to the top rope, smacking her elbow pad to indicate her intentions. Leaping, her elbow would meet mat instead of Io's chest, leaving Kairi crumpled on the mat and in perfect position for a signature moonsault. Io took advantage of the moment and bounced off the middle rope to connect with her 'sault. But instead of pinning, she'd ascend fully and hit another from the top rope! One... two... no! Somehow Kairi would manage to kick out and leave Io tugging at her red roots. What would it take to put away Sane? Following the close finish, Sane leaned against the bottom turnbuckle for support, unknowingly placing herself in the direct path of Shirai's meteora! Just at the last moment, the Pirate Princess swept out of the way and would tug Io's legs downwards for a quick pin while folding over her upper half! In a matter of three seconds, the contest was over and Kairi Sane had punched her ticket to Money in the Bank! Despite Io protesting the finish, Sane had vanquished her rival once and for all.