Seven

"And if you don't mind

Can you tell me all your hopes and fears

And everything that you believe in?"

SONG: "Deeper Conversation" // Yuna

!!! CONTENT WARNING: references to and brief descriptions of violence and animal abuse seen in a documentary

(A/N: If any of y'all are interested in watching Don't F**k with Cats, this is just a heads up that some of the details from the doc are mentioned in this chapter! I've done my best not to directly discuss it too much, but if you haven't seen it and don't want some of it spoiled for you, I'd watch it before reading this chap just in case.

Please bear in mind: this documentary is incredibly disturbing. It's a bit of a mind-fuck and very jarring, but if you're interested in true crime, I definitely recommend it.

If you don't want to read about the stuff listed in the CW, note that the details of the doc are discussed after the first "~~"/change of scene in the chapter, but they're only mentioned within that section (aka before the next scene change); I'm more than happy to provide you with a brief summary of what happens in that part of the chapter if you feel the need to skip over it! Just reach out and let me know (:

Anywho! That's all from me. Back to peeping in on H and Edy!)

--------------------------------------------

— Harry —

I'm not sure if I've ever been this excited to get in a car before. I'm also not entirely sure that I'll remember to stay on the right side of the road, so we'll hope I can focus on the road rather than my destination.

... you can keep all your "sure, pal"s to yourselves, thanks.

I'd been crouched next to Ivy, who'd been sunbathing in front of one of the windows until she heard me wander into the living room. After a brief stretch, she'd pattered on over to me, rubbing against and weaving her way between my legs.

"Hi lovey, did 'ya get a nice tan?" I ask as I pet along her back, earning a quiet meow in response. "Yeah? Good. I mean, you're already pitch black, but I'm glad to hear it." At this, she turns around to nudge her head into my palm, eliciting a chuckle from my own throat at the same time she erupts into rumbling purrs.

"H! Give a minute and I'll be down, just need to find my other shoe," Sierra frantically called from upstairs.

"I don't think the store is going anywhere, so take your time!" I yelled back, moving to fully sit rather than fuck up my knees by continuing to squat. Ivy crept closer to my body, bracing her two front paws on my thigh so she could headbutt my chest. "I think your mum's gone a bit crazy today," I murmured, continuing to give her the attention she was looking for until I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

iMessage

Eden Rose: I know I said 5 the other day, but could you maybe come over earlier? – SENT AT 11:36 PM

Before I even had a chance to consider responding, a second text came through.

iMessage

Eden Rose: Sorry, if you've got plans, don't worry about it, but you can come over at any time, really – SENT AT 11:36 PM