Chapter 2 | "Moonsong"

Hiiya my phone broke so it took a minute to get this out sorriez
Also trigger warning, barbie movie logic
And sorry its kinda short its 1:30 a.m. lolz

~
pov - pico
~

I sighed. "Why do you like this movie again?" I question. Boyfriend broke his gaze on the movie. "Cuz, it's Click, Pico, who doesn't love Click?"

"Me. I don't like him. He isn't funny." I said. Boyfriend gasped. "HOW DO YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT NOT LIKING ADAM SANDLER MOVIES???"

I rolled my eyes. "Like Greg sleeps on my laptop." I smirked, sitting up. "Anyways, don't you think its time to hit the hay?"

"Aw, its only-"
"Twelve a.m." Pico declared. "I.. see your point... where am I gonna sleep again?" He asked. I picked him up and sat him on the couch.

"Right here. I don't have a matress for the other room." I said, putting my hands in my pockets. "Did I weigh anything to you?" He looked at me.

"Not at all. It was like holding a couple of grapes. Anyways, goodnight." I said, walking off.

A small rub against my leg stopped me from entering my room. Greg stared at me with wide yellow eyes. "Meow,"

"Goodnight to you, too, Greg." I smiled, petting her. The cat leaned into my hand, and purred.

I opened up the window in my room as Greg hopped onto the windowsill. "Seeya tomorrow afternoon."

She meowed, as if she understood, and walked onto the fire escape railing.

I shut the window and looked at the moon, the only source of light that was keeping my room illuminated.

I closed my eyes and softly began to sing something off of the top of my head. Quiet enough to hopefully not be heard.

~
pov - boyfriend
~

As I lay there, listening to the quiet commercials drone on as the tv played a channel.

I held my eyes shut, laying there in a dazed state on the couch, sort of half dreaming and half awake.

Suddenly, I heard something. Was that.. singing?

I slowly and quietly got up, listening to the song. I wrapped the blanket I had over me and walked over to the sound. Peeking into the doorway, I saw Pico softly singing a tune.

I didn't know he sang..
I sat near the door and listened to the song he sang, curious where it was coming from. I began singing with him, adding in new bits that I thought I could.

Suddenly his singing stopped.

I did a tad bit after his. "Who's there?" He asked. I nervously didn't respond and scooted away slowly.

"Boyfriend, is that you?.." He asked.

I held my mouth and began crawling back to the living room, not wanting to get on his bad side.

"Hm." I heard him quietly hrumph, before turning back.

I sat on the couch and gave a sigh of relief. Hopefully he forgot about this in the morning.. and didn't get kicked out. He'd have no alternatives for a house lol.

I closed my eyes, taking my mind off of the matter and listening to the droning of the commercials once more.