Chapter 3 | " smoke break "

Fine ill update this silly ass book!!!!!!!!!

~
Pov - Pico
~

That night, was.. Really hard to sleep through, after all of the weird shifting.
When I was up, though, I was greeted with Boyfriend handing me a plate of over-easy eggs.

"I thought it'd be the start of my thank you," Boyfriend stuttered out. He suddenly seemed anxious. "I- um.. Probably.. Should've asked you.. How you like them cooked.."

"I told you there was no need for any sort of return," I responded. Softly, I took my eyes off of him and onto the plate. I grabbed an egg with my hands, dropped it into my mouth and walked past him. "Thanks, though."

"Did you just-??" he asked after taking a pause to process what I did. "Yeah," I chuckled, sitting on the counter, chewing the egg I just took.

"Have you tried a fork?" Boyfriend snickered. "Also, I take it you want me to make more?"

"Forks are boring, Blueberry." I concluded. "Why be boring when I can be the strangest roommate you've ever had?" I teased. "And.. Yeah, whatever, i'll eat some more."

Boyfriend laid the plate of eggs next to me as he kept cooking. "Well, I don't know, screw me for wanting a normal roommate!" Boyfriend chuckled, nudging me.

I nudged him back, rolling my eyes. "Too bad. It's watcha get for rooming with a guy off the street." I smirked, taking a cigarette from my pocket and stretching. "I'm gonna go for a quick smoke, mkay? Don't burn down my apartment."

"Okay okay! Sheesh, i'm not that bad at cooking." he smiled.

After heading out, I carefully lit the cig and surveyed the morning that spread over the town. Birds cawed over the cityscape, catching the winds through the town.

I leaned on the balcony and sighed, the gentle breeze washing over my face. It was just what I needed before the heat of the day.

Suddenly, a soft shape pressed against my leg. The shape meowed happily as it prowled onto the balcony's fencing.

"Hey Greg." I calmly said. "You're here early."

Greg then pounced back down, pawing to be let in. I found this extremely strange, as Greg would get pissed if she was kept inside, she always wanted to be outside on the apartment complex.

I curiously opened the door, and watched the cat step in cautiously. She sniffed around for a moment, before spotting Boyfriend, and padding her way more certainly towards him.

Rubbing against his leg, Greg purred assuredly that this was exactly where she wanted to be.

"BEEP―!!" Boyfriend yelped at the sudden physical contact with the cat, despite how unthreataning it was.

Greg flinched, then went back to curling around his legs.
"Oh, hah.. Hi Greg.." he smiled. I leaned in the doorway with a smirk.

"Well, didn't think Greg would ever find a favorite," I told him. "She-.. likes me?"

"Yeah, I mean look at that." he pointed to the cat. Boyfriend knelt down, petting her gently.

"..Hm. I don't mind being her favorite."

~