3

DIANE'S POV:

As I applied my perfume for the day, a little knock on my room's door caught my attention.

Of course when I opened the door I found a cute four year old looking up at me.

"Hello handsome," I picked him up and kissed his cheek.

"Mama, is mommy sad?"

I frowned at Jamie, noticing he seemed worried.

"No, why?"

"She was cryin'."

That didn't sound like Lou. - Specially during a Saturday morning.

Lou loved Saturday mornings, to have breakfast together in pajamas, to cuddle up for a while before getting dressed for the day. She loved having all day to be with us, to get to see us all day together.

I walked out our room with Jamie on my arms, "Where did you see mommy cry?"

"Kitchen." He whispered, his blue eyes looking at me intently, as if he hoped I could do something.

Lou was indeed in the kitchen, her back was to me. "Lou?" I kneeled and left Jamie on the ground, he walked along with me towards his mom.

I touched her shoulder, she turned around, one hand covering her mouth as she cried silently, "What happened?" I asked, my heart dropped to my stomach.

She removed the hand from her mouth to show a brilliant smile, "It's positive." Lou showed me the pregnancy test on her other hand, as she kept crying.

I hugged her extra hard, "Oh my God." I whispered, "It's positive." I cried a little as well, and then felt Jamie grab at my pants, trying to get my attention back to him.

I kneeled to get him back in my arms, "Mama, don't cry." He said, wiping my tears with his tiny hands.

Lou smiled through the tears.

"Why crying?" He said, tilting his head.

"They're happy tears, honey." I kissed his cheek, and Lou came closer to caress his cheek with her thumb, a smile on her lips.

I looked at Lou, who opened her mouth as if to say it, to tell him herself, but couldn't find the words.

"Mommy has a little baby in her belly, that's why we're so happy that we cry." I sniffed.

Lou nodded her head.

"A baby in mommy's belly? Like the dog we saw the other day?"

"Yes, yes... like that dog."

"But that dog was fat."

Lou laughed out loud.

I smiled at my boy, "Yes, well, the dog's baby was a bit bigger than mommy's..." Of course, we weren't going to go into detail that dogs have multiple puppies. "And mommy's will grow bigger, and then there will be a baby."

"Mommy's gettin' fat?"

I nodded, trying not to laugh, but Lou wasn't helping.

"She is, because the baby's gonna grow."

"That baby's gonna be your little brother or sister." Lou told Jamie, running a hand through his blonde hair.

Jamie looked at us both, and suddenly showed us a little smile.

"Like when I was in Mama's tummy?"

Of course that example would have been easier.

"Yes, just like that." Lou said, smiling. "You're so smart." She kissed his cheek and stole him from my arms, twirling him around and making him laugh.

I smiled at my favorite sight; my family. And wiped the remaining tears I had running down.

"Mama! Save me!" Jamie laughed as Lou tickled him in her arms.

"Mama won't be able to save you, you're all mine." Lou said in a villain like voice, running out of the kitchen with Jamie laughing in her arms.

I followed behind them, to our bedroom, and got scared by them hiding behind the door.

I screamed, and watched Laura and Jamie laugh in unison at my surprise.

"You two." I rolled my eyes.

"You're never gonna catch us!" Lou said, running away with Jamie laughing in her arms, again, and me behind them, following them to the sunny backyard, having to run in my slippers, because I loved seeing Jamie laugh like that.

And I loved the goofball that held him, the goofball I called wife.

"Whiskers run with us!" Jamie called at the cat, who meowed and looked at us probably thinking how stupid the human race is.

Lou ran through our backyard and opened the door connected to my father's backyard.

"I'm gonna catch you two!" I yelled at them.

"Grandpa hide from Mama!" Jamie yelled at my dad, who looked amused at the show happening in his own backyard.

"I'm gonna catch Mama!" My father said, and he wasn't kidding.

He once showed me at our wedding that he was capable of holding me, so when I saw him stand up from his chair and run towards me, I knew he was serious.

I was both surprised he actually chased me, and that he was still in form to do so.

And I ran.

And Jamie and Lou got a show out of it.

Then I was the one being tickled in my dad's arms while Jamie and Lou laughed at me.

Eventually I was put down back on earth, and Lou approached to say good morning to my father, with a smiley Jamie sitting on her shoulders.

"Mommy's getting fat!" Was Jamie's way of telling the news.

My dad just chuckled, oblivious as to what Jamie meant.

"Lou's pregnant." I clarified.

He opened his mouth in surprise, his eyes widen, "What?!"

"We just found out." Lou smiled at my dad.

My father hugged Lou, kissed her cheek, kissed Jamie's cheek and then turned to me. - He hugged me, "I'm so happy for you sweetie."

I was crying again.

After he ended our hug he looked at Jamie with a big smile, "You're becoming a big brother Jay!"

"Mhmm," Jamie nodded proudly.

Lou looked at me in awe.

"Hey, why don't we get inside and I get you a chocolate milk, huh?" My dad said to Jamie.

Jamie clapped his hands, "Chocky milk! Yes!"

My dad helped Jamie off of Lou's shoulders, got our toddler inside his house, and finally I was alone in front of my beautiful, pregnant wife.

I kissed her passionately and then hugged her, "I love you so much," I said to her.

I heard her sniffle, "I love you so much, too."

"You're gonna get fat like the dog."

We both started half laughing half crying as we hugged each other, my eyes set upon the tree I planted so many years ago, my fingers playing with the ring engraved with that A.

"I'm so happy." Lou kissed my lips.

I couldn't stop hugging her.

"Mamas! There's chocky milk!" Jamie yelled from inside my dad's house, and I laughed on Lou's shoulder with a muffled tiny cry of joy.