CHAPTER NINE

-THE EYE-
......

'1 hour'

I gasped from my sleep. Something in my head just said 'one hour'. Maybe it was just my dream or something. I shook Five who still asleep. He slowly open his eyes.

"Rise and shine!~" His eyes widened as he stood up quickly.

He cleared his throat as he fixed his outfit. "Okay, let's go." He walked toward the door. I followed him out of the room.

.......

We're waiting in a building that I couldn't remember the name. Five held the prosthetic eye firmly as he stared to the reception counter. I stood behind him waiting for him to do something.

Five's ready to walk out when there's no sign of any doctor. But, how coincidence! A doctor walked out just right before we go down the elevator.

The doctor looked at us curiously. "Uh, can I help you?" He didn't expect two kids to appear in this place. Five turned back to the voice.

"I need to know who this belongs to." He showed the eye to the doctor.

"Where did you get that?" The doctor asked. Five looked at him annoyingly.

"What do you care?" I elbowed him. He turned to me in confusion.

"We...we found it at the playground, actually! Uh, must have just..." I clicked my tongue. "...popped out." I put a fake smile on my face. Five chuckled.

"We wanna return it to its rightful owner." Five finished.

"Oh...what a thoughtful young man and young lady." The lady sitting behind the counter complimented.

"Yeah. Look up the name for me, will ya?" Five lost his patience.

"Uh, I'm sorry, but patient records are strictly confidential. That means I cannot tell you-" Oh, this doctor think we're stupid, huh? "Yeah, I know what it means." I cut him off.

"But I'll tell you what I can do. I will take the eye off your hands and return it to the owner. I'm sure he or she will be very grateful, so if I can just-" the doctor reached his hand to grab the eye.

"Yeah, you're not touching this eye." Five put the eye back into his pocket.

"Now, you listen here, young man-" Five quickly grabbed the doctor by his collar. The doctor grunted.

"No! You listen to me, asshole." I shook my head as I sighed. "I've come a long way for this, through some shit your pea brain couldn't even comprehend, so just give me the information I need, and I'll be on my merry way." Then Five lowered his voice. "And if you call me 'young man' one more time, I'm gonna put your head through that damn wall."

"Oh, dear." The lady looked at Five frighteningly.

"Call security." The doctor told the lady softly. The lady started to press the numbers. I quickly grabbed Five's arm and ran through the elevator.

......

We came back down in front of the building. I panted softly.