Chapter 1

Four men sat across from each other at the table. Cards laid out on the table. It was 2v2 and the game was coming to an end. One man seemed really nervous while the other three were confident that they were gonna win. The older who was nervous spoke out to their partner who looked very young, whispering in their ear.

"Taehyung, I don't think we're gonna win this."

"Relax Bogum," Taehyung whispered back. "Trust me on this."

The two men across from them smirked. The tall man whispered to the shorter one saying, "We are definitely going to win this game. They're not even confident about their play." The shorter guy smirks at his response. Taehyung stares at the man in front of him while Bogum was sweating next to him with his hands over his eyes. The taller man laid out his cards on the table and high fives the other man. Bogum says, "We lost didn't we? I knew we shouldn't have played."

"Well, best friend," Taehyung says. "Don't feel too discouraged cause we just won. Three Aces."

Bogum uncovers his eyes and they widen in shock along with the other two men. Taehyung and Bogum jump out their seats and start dancing. The two men hang their heads down in shame. Suddenly they heard the horn coming from the ship. Warning whoever was getting on the ship better board now. Taehyung and Bogum quickly grab their things and the tickets they just won and head out the bar, running towards the entrance to the ship. They hand their tickets to the man there and they get inside. They quickly get to the end of the ship and look over the railing at the people below. They both waved at the people saying their goodbyes to them. They sit on one of the benches and sigh.

"Aren't you glad we won the game?" Taehyung asked Bogum.

"YOU won the game. I was just nervous the entire time," Bogum says. "But yeah. I'm glad we won. I never been on a big boat like this before. I've never been on a boat period."

"I have."

"You have what?"

"I've been on a boat before. It was much smaller than this though. It was before I lost everything. My parents took me on one. Let's not talk about it and get to our rooms."

Taehyung grabs Bogum's hand and runs inside.

On The Other Side

A young man dressed in sweatpants and sweatshirt sat near his window looking out at the sea. He looked calm staring out at the sea. Looking out at it always seemed to make him calm. Just then, he hears his name being called. Which he rolls his eyes at. It was his mother calling him, but he ignores her until she comes into the room with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Jungkook, I have been calling your name for a while," Mrs. Jeon says. "You need to get ready."

"What for?" Jungkook asked not looking at her.

"We need to meet up with your father and meet some of his friends. Now get ready and put on something proper."

Mrs. Jeon looked at the clothes he had on in disgust before leaving the room. Jungkook sighs before getting up and changing into expensive clothes which he was always uncomfortable in. He never liked wearing these kinds of things. He walks out his room to see his mother waiting for him. They both walk together to the dining area. Jungkook spots his father and runs over to him like a young child going to their dad after they come back from work. He immediately hug him tight. Mrs. Jeon walks up and scolds Jungkook about being proper and stop acting like a child. But Mr. Jeon stops her from talking any further. Jungkook has always loved his dad more than his mother. His mother was always about being proper and acting like a man. She always made rules for him to follow to become a man and if he did something that she didn't deem a man, he would be punished. While his father was loose. He was more like Jungkook, free and sometimes childish. But when work needed to be done, he was serious. Jungkook waited to be more like him than his mother. His father always seemed free to him and didn't really care about others' opinions. That's what Jungkook loves about him. Whenever Mrs. Jeon would scold Jungkook, Mr. Jeon would jump in and safe the day.