Chapter 1 - the good news

Maya's pov

Sunday, 2:31pm

I still haven't heard from my audition. I really want to get the role. There's like every single one of my favourite actors in this movie. It's called "incredible secret" and I auditioned for the role of spencer. I actually fit perfectly her description
She's sarcastic but happy at the same time. She's fun to be around and she is quite nice.
I heard Ryan reynolds and Tom Holland where playing important roles in the movie.
Two marvel actors.
Wow.
I did really well in the audition so I really hope I get a callback

7:48pm

*Unknown number Calling*

I see a number I don't know on the screen of my phone. It might be someone important..really important.

"turn off your phone maya were eating." My mom says "Mom cmon it might be important!!!!" I say
"fine answer it but if it's not important tell them you'll call them later."

I answer

Shawn Levy- hey is this Maya Allouani?

M- uhm..yes its Maya speaking

S- Hii maya! It's Shawn levy I was just calling-

Freaking out, I put the phone on speaker

S- -do you remember the audition you did last week, well we really liked it, you are an amazing actor. Would you like to perform a second time on a zoom call with me and my assistant tomorrow?

He sounds exited

M- oh my god woah uhm YES YES I WOULD LOVE TO!!!!!

S- Great!!! I'll send you the infos you will need by email.

M- OKAY, GREAT I CANT WAIT MR. LEVY!

S- You can call me Shawn, and I can't wait either.

M- oh yeah sorry.. ANYWAY THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!

S- Im sure I won't. Well I think that's it, don't forget to check your emails and be on time tomorrow.

M- yes yes i will thank you!! Bye!!

"OMG MOM DID YOU HEAR THIS OMG" i say jumping around the dinning room "Yes! I'm really proud of you" she says getting up and pulling me in for a hug "THEY REALLY WANT TO SEE ME AGAIN!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?! I MEAN THERE HUNDREDS OF KIDS WHO AUDITION AND I GOT A CALLBACK!!!!!!" "Don't blow it maya, show them they made the right choice !!!" my mom says tucking a piece of hair behind my ear " I won't mom, I'll be the best I possibly can be." "Great, Let's call your brother to celebrate" she says pulling out her phone

My brother arrives about half an hour later. He canceled his plan for me :) my brother usually rather be with his friends, I mean I get it he's 15 he has better things to do than play on the ps5 with his sister, but sometimes it hurts just a little. A tiny bit. Anyway he's here now so let's celebrate

3 pizza and about 2 hours of laughter later, I go up to my room and check my emails
Theres a link to the zoom meeting with some more infos :
Same audition as last time, only I will be performing with another reader than my mom.
It's at 3:15pm and tomorrow is Monday. My mom agreed to me missing school only tomorrow to be well prepared for the Audition. I'm so greatful to have my mom as a supporter, I don't know what I would do without her. I love her so so so much.

Anyway after that I watched deadpool 2 ( my favourite movie ) just to hype me up about maybe working with Ryan reynolds.

Sooner after that I fell asleep (it's about 10:34) I have to wake up early tomorrow so that I have a productive morning and day before the audition.

Monday, 3:48pm

"GREAT!! you did amazing maya." Shawn says. I can't stop smiling because shawn levy is so so nice and he keeps telling me my acting is great "Thank you So so so much Shawn." I say "my pleasure. Also we have a few other auditions after you, so it wont take that long. We will come back to you tonight if you get cast." "great!"i say in a sight... i feel the presure but i know i have nothing to worry about because i tottaly rocked that audition. Also i think shawn likes my personality so that might be another reason why i would get cast as Spencer.

we say good bye and i go back to the kitchen where my mom is baking cookies. I believe my mom is the best cook in the world. She makes desert better than anyone and she masters pizza.

monday, 7:58pm

ive been checking my emails every 10 minutes for about an hour and a half. Nothing,still nothing,nothing again until i see it. an email from shawn levy. I run downstairs with my laptop so my mom and i can open it together. I defenitly got the job. im 100% sure of it. Shawn said he would get back to me tonight if i got cast. Im sure i got the role but im still very nervous.Anyway i arrive downstares and say "mom.. i got an email from shawn. can we look together im scared." "Oooh I smell good news!!!"

She sits beside me as I open the email

"MOM MOM I GOT CAST AS SPENCER MCRAE" "that's amazing!!!!!!"she says hugging me super tight.

I read the rest of the email and it says I have to fly to Los Angeles as soon as possible. They gave us two tickets for tomorrow and payed the hotel. There's another Mail with all that info.

...
Tuesday,5:40 am

"WAKE UP MAYA" I hear my mom say "omg yes I forgot I'll be down in a minute"
I get dressed grab my suitcase and my bags and head to the car in the garage.

...

7:07am

We get in the plane
It's a 3 hour flight so we'll be there at about 10am

...

11:00 am

We now are at the hotel and my mom is unpacking. Also the hotel is so cool there's a pool on the roof top and it's really fancy I'm freaking out I love LA so much it so hot and pretty and I feel like every celebrity lives here. I hope I get famous with incredible secret. I mean there's Tom Holland in it how could I not. Anyway tonight we have a dinner and I'll get to meet all my my coworkers. I cannot wait.
...
6:49 pm

I took a nap and a shower earlier so now I just have to get dressed, put on mascara and hop in a cab. My mom isn't coming with me, Shawn said he just wanted the cast there.

...

1167 words

A/N: heyy!!! Sorry this chapter is kinda boring but Walker is in the next chapter. This chapter is just the beginning so keep on reading the fun parts are coming up! Thanks for reading ❤️
Ps. Give me tips !!