Chapter 7 The Apology

While tapping the fingers of your right hand lightly on the desk and your other hand supporting your head, your gaze was locked on the phone in front of you. The constant drumming of your fingers was so faint that its sound only reached your ears. You were eagerly waiting for something. What should I do?

Someone hit your hand which resulted in losing your balance and your head banged over the desk, "Itaaataaaa!" You held your forehead with the palm of your hands and looked at the person.

"Katsumi!! What was that for?"

"What happened to you? Ever since the last week's exhibition, you have been constantly thinking about something. Tell me."

"It's nothing,"

"It's something, you didn't even come to the volleyball club with me. Everyone's asking for you. They are also your friends."

"I was busy with some work,"

"Nope, I know you are lying. Did something happen at the exhibition?" You nodded and then you narrated her everything that happened in the exhibition including Oikawa. 

"So now you want to apologize to him because you feel bad and regret your actions,"

"Yes,"

"Then do it now what are even thinking!" Katsumi stared at you with her wide eyes. 

You lowered your head and fiddled your fingers, "I...don't have his...number,"

She sighed, "So, staring at the phone will help? I don't think the number will appear magically,"

"I deleted his number... and he has my number so I am waiting for his call,"

"And why do you think he will call you? If you are so desperate to call Oikawa, I think I know someone who can help you with this," with a smug smile on her face her eyes pointed towards someone and as you followed her gaze that person turned out to be Kageyama.

"No way, I am asking him for help,"

"But why? You are not even enemies now..."

"We are not friends either...I don't know about that but what I do know is, right now Oikawa and Kageyama are not on good terms and...I don't want them to fight again,"

"Who says it would result in a fight? You just have to ask for the number, now go!" she dragged you by your hand causing you to stand from your desk.

"Go!" she pushed your back. You walked two steps ahead and turned to look at Katsumi, and then shook your head in a look that clearly declared 'I don't want to do this.' But Katsumi encouraged you by mouthing 'You can do this.'

You took a deep breath and finally tapped on Kageyama's shoulder. He lifted his head to look at you, "What do you want?"

"I-I Uhm...How do I say it?"

"From your mouth,"

"I know that!... I want Oikawa's number. Can you please send it to me?"

"Why should I do that?" he raised his eyebrows. "And why do you even want to talk to him?"

"I have my reasons and why should I disclose that information to you? Now send me his number,"

He stood up, not removing his eyes from yours, and quickly lifted his phone. "Okay, How about I buy you milk?"

He rolled his eyes and walked out of the classroom. 

You ran to the doorway, "Then how about for a week?" you yelled, he then turned around and looked at you. "Check your phone."