Chapter 11 Indirect Whispers

Someone was coming towards the room most probably Ukai-san and Takeda-san. The footsteps were echoing throughout the corridor. 

As the sound was becoming louder and louder it indicated that they were slowly coming closer to the room.

Everyone's hearts were probably bursting out of their chests because of this situation. They were actually scared of Ukai-san. In a panic, all of them started to run here and there across the room.

Everyone decided to hide, and one by one they laid down in their beds with blankets over their faces and pretended that they were asleep. You just stood there and watched everyone hide then the sudden realization hit you and you also started to panic.

What do I do? What do I do? Where are Katsumi and Kiyoko-san...Huh, they already hid...OH MY GODD! Where do I hide? They are coming. If I go down I am taking them with me...No no, I can't do that...I am such a bad friend.

They were right outside the room and were about to open the door, you gave up and decided to surrender. That's when someone's hand grabbed your arm and pulled you down under the blanket.

You closed your eyes and kind of pretended to sleep because Ukai san and Takeda san were in the room. You could clearly hear what they were talking about. They were appreciating the boys for their hard work.

About 2 minutes later, you heard the sliding door close up and that's when you felt a sense of relief, you slowly opened your eyes to find someone's face so close to yours.

All this time you knew there was someone else with you under the blanket, but at that time it was the last thing that was worrying you. But now you were under the blanket with a boy, his face so close to yours.

Your face heated up and you were about to scream, but he immediately covered your mouth with his hand and gestured to keep quiet.

He slowly whispered, "They are in the adjacent room."

You kept quiet and concentrated to listen and yes he was right they were in the room beside this one.

His hand was still over your mouth and you both were looking into each other's eyes. 

Staying there with Kageyama was the last thing you ever expected. Who could have thought that? Hiding under the blanket with Mr. Stubborn.

You slowly moved your hand without causing any unnecessary movements and placed it over his hand which was over your mouth. You gestured for him to remove it because you will not scream. 

He slowly removed his hand and kept quiet but your mind was in turmoil.

You deeply breathed and tried to calm down your brain. "How long we'll stay like this?"

He didn't reply but he slowly peeked out of the blanket and then softly whispered, "Everyone's still hiding, they are probably waiting for Ukai-san and Takeda-san to sleep."

"And how long that will take?"

"I don't know, maybe they'll drink the whole night," he whispered.

"WHAT!"... "I am sorry, what! I don't want to wait the whole night here under this blanket...especially with you."

"You think I want this...No definitely not," he said.

Then there was an awkward silence between you and Kageyama. You were not looking at him, what your eyes could see were his neck and his chest. You could feel his light breath over your hair.

For another 2 minutes, you both just stayed in that silence basically avoiding each other. You just wanted to escape from that place but you couldn't.

"You went out with Oikawa-san today, right?" he spoke up quietly.