Space Time (2)

"I'm so glad your deity has tied us all together. This space trip is really going to upset me while we're separated. Just knowing that I can feel our connection makes this so much better." Neville sighed, holding his personal bag, enchanted with a Undetectable Extension Charm courtesy of Hermione, to his chest. Ron patted his shoulder while Harry responded with,

"Don't worry, Neville. You're a valuable asset to this group. We'll see you on the other side." Harry chuckled, patting Neville's other shoulder before steering Ron to the terminal for the Marines.

"Cya mates!" Ron chirped, waving at the trio of scientists as Harry dragged him through the door. Luna giggled and hooked the elbows of her friends, and dragged them through their own terminal.

>-<

"We've arrived!" Harry crowed, carefully busting into the science center with Ron. They were extra careful because even if they were immortal, they really didn't want to be murdered by Hermione. Or lectured. Either is relatively terrible.

The head scientist unhappily glared at them before starting her walk over. But she got cut off by Hermione.

"Finally! Why do the Marines have to take so long with your damn introductory speeches! Jake got here before you, and he's in a wheelchair! No offense, Jake." Hermione scolded, pouncing on the boys with a hug. All the scientists blinked in confusion before half of them went back to work.

"Jake Sully? Weren't you supposed to get his brother? Hey, Luna, does he need a Stone?" Harry asked, looking over Hermione's shoulder at the blond in the back of the room. Luna blinked a bit, her eyes foggy before she smiled.

"He hasn't fully accepted it, so I think a Stone would be a wonderful idea, Ry." Luna responded before she went back to the work she was focused on.

"Thanks, Love. Luckily, I've still got a few riverbed stones in my bag. 'Mione, I'll be back. Are you guys setting up the first Avatar runs?" Harry pulled back carefully from Hermione's hug and grinned at her. The bushy haired forever seventeen girl grinned in response.

"We are. Get that Stone back before Sully gets in. If Moon thinks he needs it, then he needs it. I'll get Ron and Neville out the door so they get to watch." Hermione responded, and Harry nodded before jogging back out the door. Ron blinked to get his brain back up to speed before he was being pushed with Neville out the back door with Respiratory Masks on their faces.

>'<

"Here you go, Jake. I have never come up with a good name for it, so I've always just called it a Stone, but it has a strong connection to Death and the deceased. It's based on a story about my ancestors in which one ancestor received a river stone with the capability to resurrection the dead. This stone doesn't, but it will help you feel more connected with your brother. I even added a hole at the top so you could loop it onto a necklace." Harry info dumped on Jake Sully, handing over a grey river stone half the size of a palm with a hole carved in one side of it.

Jake blinked a bit before taking the stone and shuddering as tingles rose up his spine and an excited feeling made its way into his heart. Jake grunted, shoving his other hand over his heart at the weight of emotion.

"Woah! Tom, calm down! You're going to give your brother a heart attack." Harry fretted, taking a hold of Jake's hand that was holding the stone and holding it tightly.

"So sorry, Jake. I didn't realize he would be this eager to guide you. I can take the stone back if you don't want it now that you've experienced that." Harry continued, sounding a little sad. Jake looked up at him and glared.

"I'm taking your damn magical rock, Potter." Jake growled out before calming with a sigh.

"I just... it feels good. To have that connection. I don't know what this rock is, but I'm keeping it." Jake continued, relaxing back in his wheelchair with the Stone in his hand still. Harry patted the hand with the rock and released Jake.

"You'll still feel him in the Avatar, so don't worry about that. I've got to get going to do normal Marine things after you get your new blue butt out of the wake-up room, so hurry up and switch that brain of yours over." Harry laughed, getting a chuckle out of Jake as well, as he stood up and turned to Luna.

"Let's get out there, Moon. Jake will be out soon, yes?" Harry chuckled, holding her hand as he walked them out, Luna grabbing Respiratory masks as they went. They don't need them, but if they don't want questions, it would be best if they had them.

>"<

"Jake will be out soon. We need to touch and get used to the planet before he does. Neville, step onto the grass first." Luna ordered as soon as she was outside close to the rest of the group, detaching her hand from Harry's. The other group members shared a look, but Neville did as told before a pleasurable shudder ran up his body, and he froze.

"Neville?" Hermione asked, glancing at a grinning Luna in worry before joining Neville on the grass. She gasped as the same shudder ran up her body as well, her eyes going wide.

"Well, apparently, Luna is paralyzing us. Let's go, Harry." Ron joked, grabbing Harry's hand and dragging him onto the grass. They both shuddered, Harry pushing past it to check on Neville and Hermione. Luna stepped into the grass after them, a shudder running up her body as she walked around their group and stood before them. She threw her arms wide, grinning just like they used to call her in Hogwarts. Loony.

"That is the beloved goddess and planet itself, Eywa." She said, kicking off her shoes and digging her bare feet into the grass.

"This is why you were always barefoot, regardless if the other Ravens stole your shoes or not. You were feeling the planet. You cried and told us about it the day Gaia died." Neville stated quietly, tears coming to his eyes.

Hermione, however, burst into tears.

"I would hate to have to feel that! I'm so sorry!" She threw herself into a hug with Luna, who happily hugged back.

"That shudder was Eywa connecting and welcoming us into her soul. We're part of The People now. We can switch between human and Na'vi forms like we can for our animagus. And we get our own Pandoran creature to become an Animagus of when we switch to Na'vi." Luna explained, her eyes clear and happy as she looked over her group of friends. Or lovers. They were never sure anymore, as it's been so long and they were the only ones for each other. It hurts to be with anyone else.

"That sounds amazing, Luna. But when are we going to ever use this? I'd really love to. There was nowhere else on Earth for us, but we can't just disappear here yet." Ron stated, letting out the smarts the group knew he had but didn't voice often.

"Jake has gotten legs, and he is a confident Marine. Eywa has chosen him as the bridge between the Na'vi and the human scientists. He is our escape. Harry, get clearance to go out at night. We'll need it." Luna explained before her attention was caught by something over their shoulders.

"Hello Jake! Are you enjoying your new legs?!" She chirped, carefully shrugging off Hermione and jogging after the massive Avatar that was stumbling down a path in a patient's robe. Jake had a massive overjoyed grin on his feline like face, his heart humming with joy from his twin in turn.

"Fuck yeah!!" He cried, giving a little hop as he pumped an arm in the air before stumbling and throwing his arms to the side to try and catch his balance.

The group laughed, jogging after Luna and Jake. They continued to joke and play with Jake in his Avatar until Jake had to wake back up.

A/N 1380 words. Wowie