|| SEVEN

loading [a friend of a friend]...
success!

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

You ran through the hallway, panting heavily. You quickly navigated through them, trying to find the nearest balcony, window, or something that showed the outside world. Clashes and rumbles filled the atmosphere. You burst open the second-floor balcony and ran towards the edge, clinging to the railing. You took off your mask, trying to see everything clearly.

Currently, Lilith has taken Luz hostage to lure in The Owl Lady. Her plan was successful, and all she needed to do now is drag her into the castle. The contrast of the orange and blue blasts made your eyes sting in pain.

Lilith directed her attack toward Luz, making Eda dive down to save her. She shifted the bridge to make sure Luz wouldn't fall off. While Eda was distracted, Lilith plunged down nearly hitting Edalyn but missed. Eda sent darts of owls her way, wrapping them around her. She sent a blast of force, but her attack faltered when Lilith moved Luz in front of her.

"Stop hiding behind Luz, you coward!" Eda screamed, panting out in exhaustion.

"It's sad to see you slowing down sister. Tell me, is it the curse?" A smirk found a way onto Lilith's face. The statement irritated Eda, looking up from the ground to stare down at her sibling. Luz started screaming and banging on the forcefield she was in, supposedly trying to tell Eda something.

"Maybe it is the curse. But then how pathetic are you..that you can't best me at my WORST?!" Multiple portals burst out into the sky, all aimed at Lilith. You covered your mouth in panic, waiting for the worst to come. As much as you hated to admit it, Eda is stronger than Lilith.

Lilith shielded herself as darts of brute force shoot at her. "Maybe you are stronger than me, but that made me work smarter. I became sharp, crafty!"

"A lapdog for a tyrant!"

"You always thought you were better than me...that I could never beat you in anything!"

"I am better than you!"

"THEN WHY WERE YOU SO EASY TO CURSE?"

Your eyes widened in shock. Your hearing faltered, turning into a sharp ringing. Lilith..cursed Eda? Then why does she seem to care about her so much? If she's the one that cursed her, then why would she want to heal it? This doesn't make sense. You shook your head in disbelief, backing to the door. I need to find Lilith. You bolted for the balcony door, desperately trying to find your way to the navy-haired witch.

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

"Lilith! There you are, I-" You stopped your sentence as you watched Lilith chase Eda around the throne room. "Eda! Stop that this instant!" She screamed, chasing after her. Before Eda could grab a banner from the wall, you tried wrapping vines around her legs. You failed miserably and were forced to watch her tear up the banner to shreds. Lilith groaned and encased her in a bubble, preventing Eda from going anywhere. You joined her side, staring at the cursed form of the notorious criminal.

"Don't look at me like that! This is for your own good. Emperor Belos will heal you and we'll be in his coven together. Isn't that wonderful?", Lilith said, folding her hands together. "Oh, and you can start off by meeting my notorious student, (Y/N)!" Lilith placed her hand on your shoulder, smiling softly at you.

You stared at Eda when she stared at you. The two of you had a staring contest for a few seconds before Eda gave her full attention to Lilith. Unfortunately, all she did was blow a raspberry at Lilith.