A new start - (Hunter x GN!Reader)

(Takes place after Kings Tide)

Gender of Reader- Gender Neutral
Pronounce used- They/Them
Relationship with Character/s- Twin Brother
Species of the reader- Grimwalker
Age of Reader- 16
Readers Coven- Emperors Coven

[ Third Person's View ]

"That's all in the list,we should go check out now" said Luz as she looked at the paper in hand before looking at Hunter and Y/n.

"You guys have any idea on what to do after this?" Luz asked as she looked at Hunter who was pushing the cart and Y/n double checking the cart to make sure they have everything.

"Probably rest, we cant do much since we have to keep low" Hunter said fixing his red beanie making sure his ears were hiding.

"Y/n?"

"what Hunter said, but im probably gonna help Ms. Noceda with the cooking like i promised" They said making sure the bandana was in place.

Luz hummed understanding as they arrived at an empty register Hunter and Y/n placed the groceries at the counter as the cashier checked it and Luz getting the money given to her to pay.

After they checked out Hunter carried one bag and Luz held one in the other while checking her phone.

"Hey y/n, do you mind holding the bag for a moment i gotta text my mom were coming home" Luz said handing the bag to Y/n who took it from the shorter girl.

Luz finished texting her mom as she walked ahead from the twins.

She looked around stopping when she spotted the statue of the Wittabane brothers as she started to sweat.

Hunter and Y/n seem to notice her behavior they looked at each other before walking towards Luz.

"C'mon Luz, Don't let him get to you" Y/n assured side hugging Luz before starting to walk Hunter giving the girl a sympathetic look, taking a last glace at the statue before following his twin and little sister figure.

"We're home" yelled out Luz as they took off their shoes before walking inside.

"You got everything mija?" asked Camila walking over to Hunter and Y/n who had the bags.

"Yes mama"

Luz ran to her room, Leaving Hunter and Y/n to help Camila put the ingredients in place.

"Thanks again for helping with these" Camila said looking at the twins.

"Its no problem Ms. Noceda, were just happy to help" Y/n said with Hunter nodding with an awkward smile.

-

Y/n took of the bandana they were wearing and caressing their ears before putting the cloth down on the cabinet.

Sighing deeply as they walked out of Luz's room.

"Y/n, do you mind chopping the vegetables?" asked Camila pointing at the chopping board with the knife and vegetables on the counter.

They hummed walking towards the counter, "Do you know how to do it?"

"Yeah, after the incident at school me and Hunter kinda separated for a while, I stayed at Willows, while he stayed at Gus. Gilbert, one of Willow's dad's taught me how to cook just incase him and Harvey were out for a while" they said starting to chop the vegetables.

"one of Willows dad's?" Camila asked.

"Hmmm, she was raised with 2 dads, why?" they asked, "Well you see, here in earth, in some countries ban same-sex marriage or dont agree to it".

They stopped what they were doing and looked at older woman who was cooking.

"Some of them dont allow same-sex relationships, its sad that they dont allow people love who they want to, ever since Luz came out to me i made sure to do my research and try to be supportive as i can" Camila explained.

"Luz is a very confident kid, she's not afraid to show who she is, last year she put a bisexual pin on her bag, she didn't care on how much stares she was getting she was happy"

As they listen to Camila's stories, they stared at the window infront of them seeing the trees sway and leaves falling down.

They looked at the cutting board and continue what she was doing.

-

"You ok, n/n?" Hunter asked sitting next to his twin sibling.

"Yeah, just thinking"

"About?"

...

"how can we get back to the boiling isle? do you think Eda and the others will find a way here? what about Luz? will she be able to visit us right after she told us about her promise to her mom about not stepping another foot into the isle. The one she told us the night when we arrived here"

He wrapped and arm around them slightly pulling them to his side caressing their shoulder trying to bring comfort to them.

"I- I'm not sure, I've been thinking about it as well, without Luz we wouldn't have became the person we are now, She helped us realize what the emperor's true intentions are"

"Willow and Gus are probably gonna fall if they realize their bestfriend possibly wont visit again"

"Or Amity, you know how she is, that's her girlfriend for titans sake, did you even hear how devastated she sounded when she just wanted to know if Luz was ok"

"She's protective, she's probably gonna try and convince Luz to atleast visit once in a while or convince Ms. Noceda"

"Hmm"

"..."

"..."

"Do you think were going to be ok?" they looked over at Hunter looking at them with a reassuring look.

"I think we will, its a new start" he said side hugging his twin placing his head on top of theirs.