Chapter 2

[ "You saved my life, Not once but twice
You keep me free from falling
You saved my life, Make it all alright
When I don't feel like talking
You make sure, I always see the daylight" ]

^Song created by Shinedown^

————————————————————————

Y/N'S POV

"They stay bloomed all month so you don't have to worry about the form fading y/n," Milo said. Shaymin was stood on my shoulder after smelling her first Gracidea flower in a long time. I looked at the clock. "Ah! I've gotta get going!" I said. I gave Milo a hug as I recalled my Leafeon. I ran outside and headed to the train station. My shift starts at 8, and I should be at Stow-On-Side by 7:45. That's 15 minutes to get to the daycare.

We arrived at Stow-On-Side as Shaymin stretched and hopped onto my shoulder. I rushed to the daycare, and I got there before shift started. I just clocked in early and got to work.

I released my Leafeon to help out as I let all the Pokémon out to play. Today, Yamask and Cursola's owner should be back to retrieve them. "Y/n!" I heard. "Mr. Allister is here to retrieve his Pokémon!" I walked over and grabbed the list from inside. "Yamask and Cursola will be right out!" I said to Mr. Allister. I looked and saw that he was the Stow-On-Side challenge leader for this month. I went outside and called for the two. They went inside to Allister and gave him happy hugs. I went back outside to the Pokémon. There were plenty adoptables. Actually, all 78 of them were adoptables.

I was playing with a Mimikyu who's been here since I started working. Before I started working actually. What he didn't know is that my request to adopt him was under review. I'm probably too young to adopt him, but I will go through anything to get him. "Y/n! We need Lotad for review!" I sighed and sat Mimikyu on my log with Shaymin as I got Lotad. He was excited and rubbed against me when I picked him up. I brought him inside and there was a girl there. I sat Lotad in the playroom with the girl.

They came out really happy, that's when Lotad was adopted. I returned to the log and hung my head. "What's wrong y/n?" Shaymin asked. "I'm just wondering when that appeal will come back," I told her. "It's been a month and they haven't told me anything." I heard a happy scream from inside. Summer, the person that kept calling me, rushed outside with a paper. She handed it to me and I asked what it was. "Just open it!" She said excitedly. She was bouncing her heels in such excitement.

"Dear Y/n," I read. Shaymin leaned over to read. "We are happy to tell you that your adoption appeal has been.." I gasped. "Accepted! We hope you give Mimikyu a great home!" I stood up and hugged Summer. Mimikyu just looked confused. I broke the hug and picked up Mimikyu. "You don't have to be here waiting for a home anymore buddy! I can take you home now!" His eyes lit up as two shadow-like hands came out and hugged me. Tears left his eyes as he jumped around in happiness. "Let's not let that stop you from working. We're still understaffed." Summer left for the front desk as I helped people decide good adopts. We got 24 adopts out before my break. New record! Since I'm still a minor, I get 3 breaks a day. 3 and not 2 because I stay to work overtime.

I decided to take a walk with my Pokémon. I walked by the Stow-On-Side stadium and heard yelling. I walked inside and the area was far too crowded to see any of the televisions. I walked over and asked to head down the hallway that leads to the stadium field. They granted me access as long as I wasn't on the actual field. I pulled out my rotomphone and watched the battle from there. I notified Summer that would be late so I could watch. It was about over. I watched as the gym challenge leader demolished his opponent. Wasn't that the kid who came by to pick up Yamask and Cursola? Would make sense.

The battle ends and Shaymin wants to hang around. I try to convince her otherwise but she won't let me leave without seeing him. Mimikyu and the Leafeon were with her. I let them since I was outnumbered 5-1. Allister eventually comes around and my Pokémon get excited. They make him put his hands back and I could see the shakiness in them. "Come," I said. The Leafeon come over and sit down, Shaymin flies onto my shoulder and Mimikyu just sits on my foot. "I apologize for them. They wouldn't let me leave without seeing you." He was silent as he walked past me. "Leafy, Vine, Autumn and Shaymin." He turned to look at me. "That's my team against you." I looked at him with determined e/c eyes. He turned and walked to his room. I sighed. "Happy now? We have to get back to work! I lost my second break for you five!" We walked out of the hall and went back to the daycare.

ALLISTER'S POV

"Happy now? We have to get back to work! I lost my second break to you five!" I heard them walk away as I laughed to myself. I hung my mask up as I changed into my everyday clothing. I looked at myself in the mirror as I put my mask on. "So they're gonna use Shaymin.." I said to myself. "Good to know so I can save Yamask and Gengar for it." I walked out and closed up the stadium.

Walking by the daycare, I heard careful humming. I decided to head around the back to see where it was coming from. I eventually saw Y/n, Pokémon surrounding them and them humming that tune. I watched for a bit, intrigued in the tune they were making. Shaymin noticed me after a while, alerting y/n. They looked back and smiled. I expected them to be mad. "The tune attracts both humans and Pokémon," they said. I poked my head more around the corner. They smiled warmly and I could feel my face heat up beneath my mask. Why was I so interested in them? "If you think I'm gonna judge you, you can forget that. I'm not one to judge anyone." I came out from around the corner. They smiled again and I could feel my face get hotter. What was this feeling? "Y/n!" Someone called. "I've got to go, it was nice seeing you again Allister!" Hearing them say my name about broke me. Jeez I was weak to them. No! You hardly talked Allister! I had to scold myself.

Y/N'S POV

It was nice to see Allister again. He seemed a little less shy today than the last time we ran into one another. Fortunately enough, Boltund got adopted.

My shift finally ended as I retrieve all my Leafeon. I get to the train station and get on to head for Turffield.

I make it home and I just decided to crash after eating. Today was really hard. Now I have two Pokémon to sleep with. I ate and washed my plate as well as my Pokémon's bowls. I send my Leafeon to bed as I go upstairs to my room. I change and climb into bed with Shaymin and Mimikyu. They both cuddle up against me as I fall asleep rather quickly. Today was fun, can't wait to do it again tomorrow.

Word Count-> 1306

If you see spelling/grammar errors, let me know and I will fix them ASAP!