Chapter 3

[ "You saved my life, Not once but twice
You keep me free from falling
You saved my life, Make it all alright
When I don't feel like talking
You make sure, I always see the daylight" ]

^Song created by Shinedown^

————————————————————————

ALLISTER'S POV

Today, I woke up earlier than normal, even though I don't have a challenger coming in. I saw when y/n came in for their shift and decided I might hang around. Their voice was really sweet, almost like honey. It flowed nicely and, as they said, it can attract the ears of both Pokémon and people. I have no clue how they do it, but they can.

"How about we stop for a small something to eat?" I heard. That was y/n's voice. I guess they didn't have their Leafeon out for the walk, I only heard Mimikyu and Shaymin. It's incredible how they were able to catch such a Pokémon as Shaymin.

They didn't stay at the café long, seeing as Shaymin came around the corner after a few minutes. They were all running to work. They were so focused of getting there on time that they completely missed me standing outside. I heard many Pokémon get really happy as the doors opened. "LINOONE NO!" I heard y/n shout. Just then, a Linoone came outside and ran right into my arms. I held it as y/n came running after it. They smiled at me as they picked up Linoone. "I'm sorry if this guy harmed you!" They said with a slight bow. "Linoone is new and he doesn't know how we do things around here. You're welcome to hang around today! I'm sure we could use a few extra hands to help care for Pokémon!" Their smile had me sold. I walked in as they followed. They walked behind the counter and let me in.

My jaw dropped when I saw the many Pokémon in the field. "Welcome to Poké Paradise Allister!" They said. I was still shocked by the scenery. They sat Linoone down as they guided me over to a large log, almost like a tree had fallen. We both sat down on it as Pokemon ran and played. "Come out boys!" I looked over to see y/n releasing their Leafeon. Immediately after being released, they went to work. "Sylve!" I heard beside me. It shocked me and I jumped back a bit. A Sylveon, rather small, was stood beside me. Shaymin flew out beside it as it locked onto Shaymin and they went to play. "Don't be alarmed if a Pokémon comes up to you. They're either hurt, tired or want attention. I'll deal with them." I just looked at them. "Y/n!" I heard from inside. The lady poked her head around. "We need Yamper in the playroom!" They went back around the corner as y/n stood up and went to get Yamper.

After a few failed attempts, they get the Yamper. It's taken to a room with a glass door with a trainer and they're left there. They come back to the log and a Vulpix comes up to us. Y/n pets it as their Mimikyu goes to play with it. "Lucario is probably one you want to watch for," y/n said looking over at a sleeping Pokémon. It indeed was Lucario. "She was hurt a lot as a Riolu and she thinks it's normal so she'll hurt some of the others and get a kick out of it." They sighed and leaned against the building. "This is what I do all day. Lay here until someone comes in. Most days, we can just sleep." The look at me. "You like sleep, right?" I though for a moment before slightly nodding. "Great, let's gather everyone around our corner!" They stood up and whistled. Pokémon from all over came running over as y/n ran over to the opposite corner. Y/n paused the small herd and held their hand out to me. I walked over and sat beside them. Then the Pokémon came back over. I had Pokémon from Nickit to Zigzagoon around me and in my lap. Once everyone was settled, we all were covered in what looked like a starry night. I knew it wasn't. It was only an illusion.

"Same song as yesterday I suppose?" Y/n asked the Pokémon. They all happily agreed to the same song. They laid their head against the building as Shaymin climbed into their shirt. They softly hummed a tune as all the Pokémon lied their heads down. This illusion was believable. It made me tired and the song was similar to one that my mother would sing to me before she left me with Bea.

A few minutes passed and the tune went on and on. Pokémon were asleep and I was close to it. I ended up closing my eyes too long and I felt my head fall over onto y/n's shoulder.

Y/N'S POV

I felt something fall on my shoulder. I looked over and I saw Allister lied there. I just smiled and continued the tune that would put those who heard it to sleep. I was told that I had a gift. One that could make those fall asleep as a Jigglypuff would. Once I figured everyone was asleep, I ended the tune and leaned my head back on the building. I closed my eyes as if I were sleeping, but I was well awake. I heard the door close. Summer had put the "Be Back Soon" sign on the door and continued to go on with cleaning as we rested. She's never bothered working, ever. When I was working here about a year ago, she would always run the feeding, cleaning and desk management. I would offer my help but she'd decline. I let my guard down completely and decided to nap for a little since working this place was quite a bit. I don't get home until 7 and I wake at 5. Most days I just get home, hug Milo goodnight and go to bed. This job was really tough as it goes on. More and more Pokémon come in and you have to teach them the ways.

About an hour later...

"Alright buddies, nap times over!" I say to the Pokémon as they get up. All of them stretched and went to play. Shaymin napped and Allister was still out. I moved Allister into the corner and took Shaymin with me to the log. I tapped on the door and it was opened. "Back in business!" Summer said. Some of the Pokémon were still half asleep so they went to the shade to continue sleeping.

Break 1 and 2 were used up, and I didn't want to go on break 3. Instead, they cut shifts early and we could leave earlier. It was cut 2 hours so I got to leave at 3 and get home by 5:30.

"Early today, how was work?" Milo asked as I walked inside. "It was as normal," I said. "Well, almost. We had Allister stop by to hang out today." He smiled. "That was amazing! Glad he's opening up to you now, we have the team meet up soon." I just sat down on the couch and stretched. "Well I think we should eat early today. Raihan got everyone food today as a treat!" He opened the bag he had and pulled out two styrofoam trays with lids. I took the one with my name on it and opened it. It had f/f (favorite food) inside. We both sat down and ate. Our Pokémon had some of their favorite berries in their respected bowls as they ate.

Once I was done, I threw out my plate and fork as my Leafeon went to their room and my other two sat on my shoulder. I picked up their bowls and washed them. After drying them, I sat them back in their spots as I hugged Milo goodnight. I went upstairs and went to shower.

After getting out, dried and having put comfy clothing on, I checked my calendar. "Thank goodness you guys didn't get a wash today!" I said out loud. "You have mud day tomorrow, so you lot get your baths tomorrow and the others at daycare have wash day the next day." I hung my towel up and laid down in my bed with my Pokémon. I checked the time. 7:04pm. This was the earliest I was asleep in quite a bit. Mimikyu and Shaymin cuddles up to me and they were out almost instantly. I quietly giggled as I fell asleep with the two. Mud days are usually quite draining, so I better rest as much as possible.

Word Count: 1464

If you see any spelling/grammar errors, let me know and I will fix it ASAP!