The boy

Dear Slopes,
Meeting you at the ski resort was great. You made me feel worthy of someone. You asking me out was the first time that I felt someone asking me out was real. Though our relationship only lasted a week I cherished the moments where I could say I had a boyfriend. You pulling me to your lap in the ski resort lobby while our families slept upstairs so we could be closer. Just talking all night and walking around holding hands. Your hands were kinda rough in a way but I still liked holding them, holding onto you. I really did want us to last. And our swimming conversation were great. You made me feel good in my own body like I was actually beautiful outside and in. I am constantly struggling with that so you saying that my ass looked good in those bikini bottoms was a major confidence boost. I literally only use those bathing suit bottoms now because of how much I like the fit of them and how much you liked them. Of course when you are somewhere like a ski resort you are on a different planet where time doesn't move the same from the outside as it does on the inside. When we left out schedule got in the way of us staying together. You are a senior with the stress of your future off your shoulders and easing your way though the last months of high school, while I'm a junior struggling to continue on with many activities to build my resume with in order to become the perfect applicant. We just are in different places in life that do not leave much room for other people in our lives. I do wish that we stayed together. I wish that I had talked to you on our last trip together in Maryland. I still liked you then but did not want to admit it. I still like you now really. But because I'm to scared to admit my feelings to someone other than the strangers on the internet you will never know how I truly feel about you. Now that the year is ending you have graduated from high school and leaving me for good. You are going to Virginia and going to completely excel in aviation technology. I can't wait to sit on a plane wondering if this was checked by you, or you designed the engines that it uses. I hope that next year as I walk around our ski resort I can sit in the same spot I sat in with you and think about A those great days and nights we had together. Which is why I write this letter. This is my closure, we were together but now we are not and that is okay. I can feel the way I felt with you for another person and there will not be repercussions. I miss you dearly but what we had is over. I hope you enjoy college and don't forget me.
Sincerely,
The girl in the mountain