Part 11

Brooklyn's Pov:

For past couple of days I have been genuinely happy. Xavier and I spend lunch hour talking about random things and getting to know each other better.

Like usual I went up to meet Xavier, Blake saw me and stood up to greet me like daily. "Good afternoon Mrs. Knight! Boss is not in a good mood, he looked upset since he has come in the morning."

I smiled and told him "Good Afternoon Blake and please call me Brooklyn or Brooke like my friends call me please. Anyways what happened to him? He had a meeting today morning with someone."

He nodded and told me "He cancelled the meeting." I nodded and then went in. I hope I could lift Xavier's mood up.

I entered his room and saw him talking on phone with someone angrily. As soon as he saw me he disconnected the call.

Xavier came and hugged me and I hugged him back. We stayed like that for sometime until I broke the silence and asked Xavier "What happened? You look stressed?"

He sadly told me "I am leaving again for New York. Please come with me." I was shocked, I don't know what to say or do. One side was Xavier who I have started liking a lot and other side is my work which I love a lot.

I sat down not knowing what to say. Xavier told me "I am not forcing you, we can always stay in touch. Its just that I will miss you a lot when I will be gone."

I asked him "When will you return?" He told me "I am leaving tomorrow morning and I need a month or two, but I don't know it can take longer than that too."

I nodded and told him "I will stay here only Xavier waiting for you. I don't know where Aria is or if she is still keeping her eyes on me. To be on safer side I will stay in LA. You come back soon, I will miss you more."

He again hugged me, it feels like home in his arms. I asked him "But why are you going now? The office of NYC is working well now since you have returned last time."

He told me "There are some family issues going on back there, last time NYC company was just a excuse real reason was my family disputes."

I asked him "I was part of your family why have you never told me about it. Your parents might be expecting their daughter in law to be by their son's side."

He shook his head and told me "No I don't want you anywhere near any of my family dispute. They would try to take advantage of your presence which I can't see. I am trying to part away from my family, I have never got along well with them. Most of them probably hate me."

She asked me "But when I met your family during our wedding they were pretty much nice to me."

He nodded and told me "That is because you met the good one's only. Those were my mother's side family and few my father's side. My late grand father in his will stated I will be the heir to his business after my father. My father is soon retiring and want's me to take over but I am happy with what I have and don't want to be part of that business. My uncles and cousins have been working with dad wants to accept one of them to be the heir. I tried telling everyone I want nothing to do with the company but they are not ready to listen. Recently after the scandal media made about Chole and me, everyone in company think it is real and my heir is coming and I will take over the company. It was a condition for me to take over the company, to give a heir."

I was trying to understand what he was telling me, I mean if he does not want it why are others not believing him. I asked him "So what will you do now?"

He told me "This is the last time I am going to NYC for all this, I will make a public announcement that I have nothing to do with my family business and I am happily leaving it in my dad's hand to decide whatever he wants."

I asked him "Will your father support you?" He shook his head and said "Probably not but last year mom and dad divorced due to this reason and dad lost mom, I don't think he will want to lose me too, who has always supported him and been there for him. But now I can't keep supporting him in this, I have my own life and I am happy about it."

I asked him "You never told me your parents have divorced." He told me "We never talked about all this and I did not wanted you to worry about all this." I curiously asked him "What about your sister? Don't you have a younger sister?"

He nodded and told me "Yes! She is the only sane one in my family and thanks to her I don't have to worry about mom and dad. She has been always there for them."

I asked him "Then why can't she takeover the company instead of you?" He gave me are you mad look and told me "I won't allow her to get in that mess too, she is too innocent for all that right now. She has her own small boutique and she is happy in it."

I nodded and told him "Okay I will wait for you here, come back as soon as possible." He kissed my forehead and said "Yes I will! Now you know Blake, Neil and Chole if you need anything please to go to them. Your bodyguards are already with you now so I won't worry about you. But please stay safe and keep calling me."

I nodded with tears in my eyes. He saw it and sat on his knees in front of my chair and rubbed them off.

He told me "Please don't cry Brook! Before you know it I will be back. I promise! Go out with your friends and enjoy and everyday Blake will bring lunch for you so you two will eat here in my room. I know you hate eating alone."

I told him "You too stay healthy!" He nodded and told me "Come on now lets eat I know you are hungry and hungry you can be dangerous."

I hit him smiling lightly and we ate while giving each other instructions. After we were done eating Xavier told me "One last thing I need to tell you and I am saying sorry in advance."

I asked him "What is it Xavier? What did you do?" He rubbed his forehead in stress and eyes closed told me "I signed and submitted our divorce paper which you have left."

I was shocked would be an understatement, I was hurt and angry on him. I just kept looking towards him for explanation not knowing what to say. He kept looking without saying anything and yet again my tears started to flow.

He again sat down on his knees in front of my chair and told me "I have to do it, if things go wrong, someone may try to hurt you from my family and I can't let it happen so I had to let them know we have separated so that you will be safe here away from me. Lets give us a fair chance now. Lets get to know each other, date, love and then marry. Please don't be angry on me or cry over it. I still want you as my wife and you will be my forever but please understand Brooke I had to do it for you."

I got up and told him "Xavier I don't know what to say but I need sometime to digest such a big thing. You could have at least informed me before submitting the papers. I need my space, I will call you as soon as I am ready to talk."

Saying that I left his room sadly.