1

haylee

Calum and I are laying on my bed. After repeated times of telling my mom that we're tired, she finally stopped knocking the door asking us to go shopping with her.

We hate school for sure, we just had our final exams and even though we wanted high school to be over all we can do is cry about how much we're gonna miss each other.

"We can't separate Cal" I say with my head resting on his shoulder and a warm tear falling down my cheek. He wraps his arm around me, being that the way he tries to say everything's gonna be fine.

"We're not separating Lee, we can still see each other on holidays, it's gonna be okay" He says on an attempt to make me feel better but honestly i don't think anything can make me feel better.

"What if i go to the same college as you, we would be together all the time" I suggest but he just sighs and hugs me tighter.

"No Lee, your parents are paying so much money for that university and it's one of the best ones in the whole country, it's the best for you and i want the best for you"

"It's not fair" I whisper. "I know" He replies.

Calum and I have a plan to make this summer the best summer ever, at least before i leave to the US.
It wouldn't be a big deal if the university was close to our home but it's so far away, i'm scared i'll never see Calum again or maybe that he will forget about me.

We're going on a road trip to a beach house six hours away from here. Our parents hardly accepted, they weren't very happy with the idea of us being on our own for two months on a beach but after remarking the fact that we're 18 and 'mature enough' they finally said yes.

We're leaving tomorrow, Calum already packed his stuff so that he doesn't have to see his parents before we leave. Calum practically lives here, we have sleepovers all the time and he's like a son to my parents.

When the sun goes down, we put our pijamas on and we both lay down. I never let him sleep, i usually stay up late and due to the lack of company i wake him up so we can both stay awake talking until i want to sleep.

"We're always gonna be best friends right?" I ask while staring at the dark ceiling. "Always and forever" He responds.

...

"Hurry up Lee! My parents are about to get home" Calum yells in desperation since he knows his dad always comes back at this time.

"I'm going, give me a second!" I scream back as i try to pick up my 6 bags of clothes. "You don't need all these clothes, it's not like a fashion runway" He rolls his eyes but still he comes out of the car to help me with my stuff.

"What a gentleman!" I smile before we both get inside my car.

I'm not really sure of why my parents gifted me a car if they know pretty well that i'm an actual mess driving. The first time i tried to drive i almost run them over, that's why Calum is the one who always drives.

Six hours is a lot of time. Specially since i can't stay still for more than 20 minutes.

Calum plays our playlists on the car's bluetooth. We don't have a lot of music taste in common so that's why we made a playlist with music we both like.

As we're vibing to greenday we see a guy who's making signs for someone to stop on the road. Calum suggests that we should stop to see what's happening but i'm a little scared it's someone trying to steal from us or maybe just a bad person.

"It's fine Lee, i'll just go check on him and i'll be right back. Stay here" He orders and i do what he says even though i don't really like the idea of him going on his own.