Raindrops

Fluff

Tiny, transparent slivers of water hit the windowsill with a soft pitter patter. I watched them slowly slide down the soaked glass, which was cold to the touch. They were so quiet, so familiar. I loved sitting here like this. I'd loved watching the rainfall since I was a child. It reminded me of all that I had. It reminded me of all that I didn't have. It brought me a sense of balance that kept me grounded when I believed all was lost.

I looked over to the bed, feeling my face melt into a soft smile. I needed to get back to sleep. Even after the relaxing, settling noises that were the rainfall, I needed to be with the one I loved.

So I stood from the small wooden chair I'd been in for about and hour and soundlessly moved to climb into the occupied bed. My partner, my husband, Alexzander Peterson, lay there, looking as handsome as always. His soft lilac eyes did not open, but he acknowledged my presence in his own way.

A contented grumble escaped his lips as I took him into my arms, nuzzling into his thick, fluffy lavender colored hair, spooning him gently. I kissed the top of his head, and he leaned into me. Shortly, his body went limp in my embrace, and I knew he'd fallen asleep.

I pulled the covers over us, smiling again as I snuggled into him. What a delicate, precious boy. And he was mine.

"Love you," I whispered into his warmth. I hugged him close to me, my eyes fluttering closed.

As I drifted off into a slumber with my lover, I could still hear the calming sound of nearly silent tears from the sky patter softly to the ground, bringing life to the world. Watering the seeds of the Earth, keeping it all alive. But the flame of our love blazed clearly in the drenched, quiet sound. My husband and I. My one and only.

Sleeping in the peaceful quiet of the rain.

Heyy! Sorry this one was so short, but I loved writing this. It just feels so peaceful to me. I think this is a good way to end my night, it's 2:30 AM. Thank you for reading, as always. :]

Word count: 373