Chapter 1

Over 2000 years ago the fall of the Gods and Goddesses started. The introduction of Christianity into Rome and Greece caused the demise of deities everywhere. The lack of worship and sacrifice cause them to fall from Olympus and lose most of their powers. However, they still maintain their immortality, but they are cursed to forever roam the earth unknown.

After grabbing his coat and keys Hermes rushes out the door since his human assistant would be suspicious if he just teleports out of his office and she never sees him leave.

"Hey Marilyn, I'm leaving the office for the day, take my messages and move any meetings I have to next week. A family thing has come up." Hermes explains as he looks at the office behind him.

"Is everything okay?" She questions with wide eyes.

"Yeah, it's a good thing just urgent," the God smiles before walking out of the office.

Henry Private Investigator is in white bold letters on the door that shuts behind him before he disappears into thin air to find Hades. After Hades is informed, he'll tell Zeus and everyone else will be told of the news. For the first time since the fall of all; Persephone has been found.

_

"Happy fifth anniversary Stephanie!" Persephone looks up at the sound of her human name and finds her employee struggling to squeeze balloons through the flower shop door.

"God, has the store really been open 5 years?" She asks Kelly with a small smile.

She guesses she should be happy at the milestone considering she's never been in one place long enough for that to happen, but she can't stop the nervous fluttering in her stomach as she remembers why she tends to move around a lot. She didn't want to be found before. She has spent 2000 years running from her family and old life. After that staying anywhere feels like she's a sitting duck. She may as well walk up to everyone marinated for a feast.

"Thank you, Kelly," Persephone gives a tight smile as she takes the balloons and card and places them behind the counter. "Remember all the flowers are 20 percent off in celebration!"

_

"You're sure it's her?" Hades holds the proof in his hands but still questions his nephew.

"Is 2400 years really long enough to forget what the love of your life looks like? It's Persephone! I bet my whole private eye business on it! Now, do you want to know where she is or not?"

Hades' hands shake and he takes a deep breath before sitting down, suddenly his cabin in the woods seems so small and suffocating. He moved here not long after the fall. He built the home for him and Persephone, he thought she would love to be surrounded by all the plants and green in the forest since she was the goddess of flowers and spring. The plan fell through when she disappeared though and never came back. After the first decade, he asked Hermes for help looking for her, being the massager of the Gods, he can get anywhere quickly and find almost all of the Gods eventually.

"Take me to her," Hades' voice shakes as he answers.

"Whoa Unc, I can't teleport both of us like I used to, you know my juice is low nowadays without the praise of mortals. I mean maybe tomorrow but I teleported here, and it took a lot outa me. You wanna get there fast you're gonna have to book a flight."

"Let's go."

_

"Zack! Zack! Zack! Zack!" The crowd was electric, pun intended.

Zeus gives a bow to the 15,000 people and blows kisses before handing his guitar to a tech and heading to his green room. A beautiful girl in a little tight red dress jumps up and down in glee once he was in sight.

"Zack oh my God I am your biggest fan! I have all your albums..." Zeus let her drone on and on while he stares at her tits.

"That's so great, would you like to come into my green room and talk about it?" He smirks cutting her off and she looks like she's gonna faint right then and there, she might, it has happened before.

She only nods and he full-on grins like a cat who got the canary. He opens the door and time freezes at the sight on the other end waiting for him.

"Honey," in all her beautiful terrifying glory is Hera, goddess of childbirth, family, marriage, and all women everywhere was sitting on the dark brown couch ever poised and composed like the calm before the storm. "Baby, what are you doing here?" Zeus asks while swearing to himself his voice did not crack.

Hera doesn't answer but instead focuses all her attention on the groupie occupying him.

"Who is this?" The iciness in her voice is so still her kind greeting is believable to untrained ears.

"This is a fan, she won a contest to meet me, I was just saying goodbye," Zeus turns to the woman and smiles kindly, "it was so nice to meet you, thank you for your support!" He shakes her hand and guides her to the door and hopes Hera doesn't find her later to kill her or something equally horrible.

He turns back to his wife and goes to kiss her cheek.

"Hey, Heather, what do I owe the pleasure?" He sits beside her and tries not to shrink under her gaze.

"Well Zack, I have some urgent news from your son."

"What does Hermes have to tell me that is so important?" Zeus leans back and places his arms across the back of the couch to relax, his show finally catching up to him.

"He found your daughter," she says with an edge, but Zeus is still confused.

"Which one?" He tries to clarify hoping it doesn't lead to the same old argument.

"Persephone," Once again time stops for just a moment, Hera tends to do that to him, that's one of the reasons Zeus loves her so much. It was like she controls his whole universe; she controls time and space around him.

Once it started again, he sat straight up and stares at Hera in silence for a moment. He doesn't know what to say, what to do, what to think.

"She's back? How did he find her? Where is she?"

"I don't know the details, Hermes wasn't specific, you'll have to ask him yourself. Zeus, she is back, what are you gonna do?"

"We need to get everyone together, a party! Everyone has to see her; she has to see everyone. She's been gone for... since the fall! We need to see what she has been up to and show her what all of us do! I'll arrange everything," He stands up and starts making a list in his head. "Persephone has been found."