A Seemingly Harmless Kit

It was a clear, bright sunny day as the daylight radiated down on the spacious misty woodland camp when Hawkstar was peacefully strolling out of the camp under the exit of immense emerald fern leaves. Hawkstar remembered about the battle with Shadowclan many, many moons ago and glanced at a scar that was on her stomach and side with a sigh. She trotted around until she heard a boisterous, high-pitched mew of distress. Hawkstar separated her jaws to scent the air as she prowled forward in the direction of the scent.

What in Starclan's name can it be! Hawkstar thought in confusion, Well whatever it is, I guess I'll find out soon. As Hawkstar neared a large shrub her amber eyes peered into the caliginous darkness of the shrub. She eventually detected a lump of black and cream fur. When Hawkstar looked closer, she concluded that the lump of fur was a small kit, about 3 moons old. Two widened light yellow eyes stared at Hawkstar.

"W-Where is my M-Momma!" the kit stuttered and squealed,"I want MOMMA!"

"It's okay kit," Hawkstar reassured,"You'll be fine with me."

"But where's my MOMMA!" the kit whined,"I need her NOW!" Hawkstar scented the air, looking for any trace of a cat with a scent similar to a kit. The leader wasn't able to, so she sighed miserably.

I should probably just tell her that her mother isn't anywhere to be found. The poor kit's mother is probably dead or she abandoned her. "Your mother is...Um, well-"

"JUST TELL ME ALREADY! " The kit yowled. " Or are you just going to stand there stuttering like a mouse-brain?"

"Fine, fine!" Hawkstar snapped as almost all of her sympathy for the kit vanished. I wish she could just shut up. "Your mother, isn't anywhere to be found, I'm really sorry."

"B-but WHY!" The kit yowled and stomped in pure fury and grief," WHY!"

"I just can't find her, and I'm sorry, now come with me kit." The kit whined deafeningly as Hawkstar picked her up by her scruff in her jaws as the kit squirmed.

"Let me go, now!" The kit fidgeted, trying to swat Hawkstar's muzzle.

Hawkstar ignored the kit's protest and mumbled from carrying the fiercely thrashing kit in her jaws. "What's your name, kit."

"Well... My Momma always called me Fire because of my temper," The kit scoffed, "But I think I'm as good as the best cat in the world!"

Hawkstar thought, Yeah right. I feel sorry for whoever her mother is for putting up with her." Then she meowed, "Well since I'm taking you to my clan, Mistclan you'll be called Firekit." As the two felines traveled to the camp, Firekit chattered and chattered, aggravating Hawkstar. The leader had a forboding feeling as she listened in torture to Firekit's horrible chitchat that she'd never forget this cat for as long as she lived because of her moody disposition. When they arrived at the camp, almost near sunset the sky was an auburn color and orange almost like fire that made the mist inhabiting the camp less visible. The leader thought Could this little kit be the death of Mistclan? It can't be, we've been so strong... Despite her cognitation, as she plopped the kit down and nudged her towards a queen, Leafclaw Firekit's cream underbelly looked almost as red as blood in the radiating, fire-like sunset. What if this kit would cause torment to Mistclan?