A Battle in the Midst of Romance

It was a peaceful, misty, and quiet new-leaf day while the wind billowed around, cutting through the dense mist that almost always inhabited the Mistclan camp. Recently, a new tom, Mudtail that was a light brown and darker brown striped cat joined. Like with most toms, there was a shecat flirting over him. And that was none other than, Firefur.

         Firefur strutted over to Mudtail, and purred,"Heyyy, Mudtail, how are you?"

        "Erm, greetings, Firefur," he awkwardly replied,"I'm doing great, um thanks."

          "Wonderful! Wonderful! Wanna go on a hunting patrol together?!"

            "Huh, wait, what?" Mudtail, the introverted cat meowed in response to the unexpected outburst."Yes, I guess, Firefur."

             Firefur bounced almost like a kit,"Great! Follow me, follow me!" Mudtail padded slowly after Firefur as she bounded out of the camp exit.

              At least she's out of my fur. Hawkstar thought gratefully. Then she scented the distinctive scent of Shadestorm. She abruptly turned.

             "Oh, um, er..."

             "Hey Hawkstar," Shadestorm chuckled,"How are you?"

             "I'm great thanks, you?"

             "I'm good."

              "So..."

               "So..."

                Hawkstar laughed in amusement as she thought of something to say,"Firefur sure is flirting with Mudtail."

                "Yep," Shadestorm snorted,"She's really a pawful to some poor cats, I sometimes feel quite sorry for Mudtail. Well, actually always."

                  Hawkstar chuckled at Shadestorm's outspokenness."Well, I have to agree with that." The leader's eyes glimmered as she was about to lap Shadestorm's ear.

                "HAWKSTAR!"

                "Wha-what?!"

                A lithe ebony black and light cream shecat sprinted in Hawkstar's direction with full acceleration. Then she panted,"Hawkstar!" "There are four  foxes in the forest!Longtail, Redskull, and I were trying to fight them off, but we need help! Please, please help us!"

               "I will," Hawkstar meowed then yowled louder,"Mistclan, follow! Dustpelt, lead the way." Dustpelt darted off into the undergrowth, leaving verdigris ferns and tawny brambles trembling wildly. Then several Mistclan cats darted hurtled out, flattening many clumps of foliage. The adrenaline pumped in Hawkstar's blood as she bounded, seemingly swooping like a hawk as she glided and ducked under fronds of vegetation with gracefulness with her clan behind her. Her clan practically flew onto the clearing as she faced 5 foxes with some of her clan (about 10 cats behind her).

                Hawkstar lunged on top of a fox, gliding her claws across it's back and shredding flurries of clumps of it's auburn pelt. The fox yowled and whipped it's head, it's faint amber eyes blazing with bellicose. The leader dodged just in time, but as she dodged, her clanmate, Shadestorm, lunged, trying to protect her and he got caught in the jaws of the fox. The fox violently shook him, making him gag as the creature slang him to the jagged-sharp stones.

           "Shadestorm, NO!"

            He was a practically motionless lump of scraggly fur.