Chapter 6

The night ended with Alisha following the bartender and Lalo bringing me home.

"Did you enjoy tonight?" Lalo moved my hair out of my face.

"I..uh.." I stuttered and looked down. "It was ok." I need to get my shit together.

"Just ok?" He looked a little indifferent to my response and stared off. "Alright. I had a good time though. Well i'll let you go then."

"Ok."

It was cold, and didn't actually describe how I really felt. I loved tonight, it was the most fun i've had in a long time, but I know none of it is real. I just wish.. ugh whatever.

    "Goodnight beautiful."

On that note I went upstairs to my apartment and took the most refreshing shower one could take. If only I could wash these feelings away too. Why do I miss him?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Waking up to silence was suprising. No crazy dream, no Alisha, no alarm clock,

BEEP BEEP BEEP-

Alright, so just no crazy dream or Alisha.

You'd think after a night of dancing and drinking i'd be worn out, but I had this weird feeling of energy. There's only so much time I have to live, why waste it by sitting around the house depressed?

I'll save that for another day because I know damn well my bed is a comfortable place to wallow in.

I haven't had my favorite candy in so long, so my first trip is Dollar Tree.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's weird how heightened your senses become after a traumatizing event. I shop in this Dollar Tree at least once a week, but I haven't been here since the kidnapping... the lights seemed brighter and louder than ever. The cashier who has worked here since forever, looked the same as always, but I felt something different from her. She seemed... sad.

Walking to the candy isle I spotted a familiar face. He looks so familiar but.. from where? Continuing to inspect his face and zoning out caused him to stare back at me. What could I have expected though?

He flashed a smile at me and started to walk over. No, please, not today. I just want to get my candy and leave in peace without any extra human interaction.

"Hi, my name is John. I uh... noticed you staring." He chuckled. "But don't worry because I noticed you too."

Maybe this wont be too bad. He is handsome after all. Not as handsome as Lalo, though. Damnit why did I think that?

"Oh my bad I was trying to think where I recognized you from, but I think I remember, Cinnabon right?"

"Yeah, I was thinking of saying something to you then but I figured it may not have been the best look while I was on the job. So maybe its fate we meet again." John had a charm to his words. It almost drew you in.

"Or maybe Albuquerque is not as big as it seems." I threw out playfully.

"Maybe. Would you be interested in hanging out? Doesn't have to be a date or anything.. we could just get to know each other."

Ever since Combo I just am not sure. Why invite someone to become so close to you, and give them the power to hurt you?

But I have to take the risk eventually. "Sure."

We discussed the details and exchanged numbers. Somewhere along the lines we agreed to meet tonight, at a restaurant. Oh boy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TIME SKIP

    The date was going great so far. The conversation was flowing and eye contact was no problem. John had these very striking green eyes.

    "I'll be right back I need to use the bathroom real quick." He hurried away.

    Damn. These tacos were really fucking him up.
———————————-
JOHNS P.O.V.
    I've never had to shit so badly in my life. This better not take long, to leave a girl that gorgeous waiting out there by herself? This is crazy.

    I opened the door and practically ran to the toilet, to say a little shit may have came out of my ass was an understatement. I'm not too sure this will be quick.
——————————-

    Five minutes already passed and I was still here fiddling with my chips waiting for John to come back. I started thinking of a joke I could make once he comes back to lighten the mood, after all if he takes any longer he might feel embarrassed once he gets back.

    "Hey."

    I turned my head and smiled, "those tacos did a-"

    You have got to be kidding me.

    "Save the jokes. I have something to tell you." Lalo invited himself to take Johns seat. "Tell John things won't work out. And be back to your house before 9."

    "No."

    "Excuse me?"

    "No, i'm enjoying this date and I'll stay as long as I want."

    "No, you won't. Or John will never be seen again. I hope you know i'm not a man of empty threats." He looked me in my eye. "Go home, now."

    I watched as he put money on the table for the bill and walked away. Who does this man think he is?

———————————————————

A/N:

OK GUYS!!! I know this chapter is short, but I had to put it out before you guys literally murder me. Next chapter will be longer!

It has been so long since I updated. I never forgot about the story I just have been so busy it's actually crazy.

Word count: 906

Bye!

-Orange_Lava_Lamp