𝖔𝖔𝖔 - 𝒔𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒊𝒏' 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒔

❜ ─  you've always been my hero faizi ─ ❛

─  you've always been my hero faizi ─

( L.I.S )

faizaan shafiq was the spitting image of his father

faizaan shafiq was the spitting image of his father. from the arched eyebrows, to the same weird moustache (although faizaan was growing a beard alongside it), it was a fact that he was the son of zafar shafiq.

except the eyes.

everyone knew from one glance, that those were the very eyes of nyla shafiq, the jade green and aquamarine blues intertwining so beautifully in those irises of theirs.

the fourteen year old was in his room. he was supposed to be asleep, afterall it was 11:34, and he was home alone with his little sister, leela. their parents went to a meeting- faizaan knew what all that was about- his uncle alfie went to visit his uncle and there was quite frankly nothing to do, other than reading. his easels were finished, thanks to his uncle alfie. he would've done swordfighting, but his amma had a curfew for all that. so, it was pretty much faizaan and jane austen.

faizaan was a sucker for classical novels, although, if he had to pick, he would say austen, alcott and brontë were his favourite authors. he loved how jo cut her hair than rather ask aunt march for money. he loved how sharp-tongued and witty elizabeth bennett was. he was pretty sure it was because he saw his mum in all these characters, but needless to say, he loved his classics.

his baba had built a mini library in his room, solely for faizaan, he didn't like people touching his stuff, although, that could be his major germaphobia talking.

lying down in his bed, the duvet draped across his body, sitting up, faizaan was getting reading to explore his new reading venture: the iliad. it was recommended to his by a muggle during his family holiday to crete (which also included his uncle alfie) and since then, he had purchased his very own copy of it.

"faizi, i can't sleep"

at the doorway of his room, an eight year old leela shafiq was standing, tightly clutching at her elephant teddy her uncle alfie had bought her when she was a baby.