END OF 8TH GRADE (flashback)

"Hope, will you sign my yearbook?" I turn around to see a girl in my science class, Lexie, staring at me with a yearbook in one hand and a pen in the other.

I took a moment to analyze her before taking the book and pen from her hands. She appeared to be in the same condition as me and everyone else. Red eyed and teary.

I grabbed my book from behind me and asked her to sign mine as well. I wrote my signature, "Hope" with a small heart by it like I had been doing for the past 15 minutes.

She looked down at her page full of signatures and smiled as she gave mine back.
"Thanks." she said, and gave me a small hug before walking away.

I nodded my head to her and turned back to my friends. Luckily, I had become apart of one of the only groups that was staying at the school for high school.

A lot of people from my school have gone to different schools over the years, but this year had to be the most. Almost everyone I had known my whole life was leaving, and I would probably never see them again.

The part that made this day the worst, though, was the fact that the only boy I had ever loved, Emmitt, was leaving.

Even if I had the chance to talk to him again after today, he wouldn't want to.

And through all of the friends that I knew I would never see again, seeing him leave for the last time hurt the most.

I look down at the year book once again, seeing everyone's signature except Emmitt's. I squeezed my eyes shut, feeling a tear drip down my face and fall onto the book.  I pulled up the sleeve of my sweatshirt to wipe my tears, and looked back at my crying mess of a group hugging their departing friends once again.

I don't think I could love anyone else ever again after Emmitt leaves.