Chapter Twenty Four

We walk into the house and follow Chris and Minho up to Chris's office. Chris closes the door behind us and goes to sit down.
"Now that we are in a more private setting we can discuss the plan."

Felix looks around the room confused. Chris opens a book on his desk.

"Minho and Felix I need you two to help me set up the trap outside. We have to do this quick because we only have two weeks."

Felix grips my hand tightly.

"We aren't putting y/n in a trap."

Minho rolls his eyes.

"It's not for her dummy it's for the darkness."

"I don't even know what the darkness is."

Chris clears his throat.

"If you two would stop bickering I can continue explaining."

"Yes sir." They both reply.

"As I was saying, we have two weeks until the next full moon so we must work quickly. Now to answer your question Felix, the darkness is something y/n has been dealing with since she woke up from injuries. She thought they were vivid nightmares but when she came to me I knew it was much more than that. The darkness is like a disease that effects only werewolves but much worse than a normal disease. It's so rare that it took me awhile to find any information on it. So far y/n has done a great job at fighting it but it's getting closer and if it gets to her it will take over her."

"What do you mean take over her?"

"She will not be y/n anymore."

"Then why are we waiting? Why aren't we stopping this now?"

"The ritual has to been done on a full moon in order to trap the darkness. That's the only successful way that is documented."

"What if it gets to her before then?"

"I can fight it Felix. That's what I've been doing."

"You can't fight forever. Chris are you sure this is the only way?"

"I'm positive. It's the only way that I have proof that's guaranteed to work if it's done correctly."

Felix sits down and places his hands over his now lowered head. I place my hand on his back and gently rub back and forth.

"I'm going to be okay."

"You better be."

Felix stands up and storms out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

"He needs to calm down."

"He will it's just a lot all at once. He will be fine." Chris says before turning the page in the book on his desk.

"Minho I think you should go check on Felix. We can discuss the layout of the trap once everyone is feeling better."

"Why me? Why not his girlfriend?" Minho says sarcastically.

"That was an order."

He rolls his eyes. "Yes sir." Minho walks out of the office leaving me and Chris alone.

"Y/n you have to fight this you understand?"

"I know."

"If the darkness gets to you before we can do this I'm not sure how we can save you."

"I will fight I promise."

"Good, you can go check on Felix now if you'd like."

I nod and turn to walk out the door but a thought pops into my head. I turn back around.

"Actually I have a question."

"What is it?"

"What happens if the darkness gets out but doesn't attach to me?"

"It could attach to someone else which is why we will be keeping everyone inside unless they are part of the ritual."

"I really hope this works."

"It will."

I nod my head and walk out of the office. I walk towards our bedroom and stop at the door. Instead of opening it I sit down against the wall beside the door and bury my face into my knees.

What am I going to do? It's getting so much harder to fight this every night. If the trap fails I end up consumed by it anyways. Now I'm also worried about harming someone else. We don't even have full knowledge of what happens when it takes over!

I punch the wall behind me.

This is so frustrating!

Tears start rolling down my cheeks. The bedroom door opens and I try to quickly wipe my tears away with my sleeve.

Minho walks out of the room and closes the door.

"Oh it's just you."

He looks down at me.

"Just me? Well thanks."

He sits next to me.

"I didn't mean it like that. I just don't want Felix to see me like this. How is he?"

"He's acting like a child I had to leave."

"You should be nicer to him."

"I try to be it's just so hard sometimes."

"It's not that hard."

"Are you crying?"

"Yes because there's so much on my plate right now and it's hard to process everything."

He pats my head.

"It's gonna be okay. You're strong and you got this."

"Thank you."

"Now dry those tears."

"See you can be nice."

"Don't tell anyone. I don't want them all to expect kindness from me."

I laugh and gently nudge his arm. He smiles and stands up.

"Go talk to your boyfriend." He says as he walks away.

I stand up and go to the door. I slowly open it.

"Felix? Can we talk?"

"Always. You never have to ask that."

I walk in the bedroom and shut the door behind me. As soon as the door closes he runs up to me and wraps his arms around my neck. I wrap my arms around his waist as he lays his head between my neck and shoulder.

"I'm gonna be okay."

He starts to cry.

"I won't lose you y/n. Not again."

"You won't."

At least I hope not.

Thank you for reading updates may be slow at first until things get better for me. ❣️