Chapter 1: The plants are growing

Warning❌: notes of sexual abuse may be mentioned so be aware. There will be a trigger warning for when it does appear. I'll keep it as respectful as possible. On that note, enjoy the story!!

Koa:

When I was younger I didn't mind being the weird kid. Honestly I didn't give a fuck and long as I got to care for my plants. I was always casted out for having unique facial features. My eyes being more spread out than others. My ginger curls, my ability to dissociate myself, my distaness from the world made me the easiest target. But like I said, plants equal me happy.

It got easier as life went on but then again when do bullies ever stop? I kept passing it off as whatever's you know? I can't stop something that not my fault in the first place. If Jordan, my eldest brother, we're here he'd back me up. Unfortunately he's not which mostly feels like my fault.

My younger sister, Annie, doesn't see why I don't fight back. She's always said I've been unusually calm ever since she's been born. Nothing really phases me like that. That's all.

Memory flashback:

"I can't see why you don't do something about it." Annie pouted. She had saw the scratches and scars on my arm. I got jumped on my home which made Annie very upset.

"What's violence going to do with more violence Ann? Just let it go." I winced as I crouched down to continue watering my sprouting plants. They were healthy and almost ready to be placed in a pot.

"It's going to teach those asshats not to mess with you anymore. If it was up to me they're be walking around with thong wedgies." I chuckled at Annie's concerned. "Thanks Annie but I'm fine and I will be. It's only a couple of months left."
I kissed her forehead and pulled her into a hug.

"It's not fair..." she sighed. I stroked her head softly. "I know Ann but it's not forever."

*Memory over*

I looked down to see I was overwatering my plants from being so lost in thought. "Sorry little one." I picked up my tools and put them back in the shed. I then grabbed my cardigan and threw it over my head. It was a little more windy than I expected.

"Koa! Get your ass in here!" Annie screamed from the patio. I rushed over as the wind really started to pick up.

"Ann, how many times do I have to tell you not to say ass. You are way too young to be using vulgar language. besides, butt sounds way better." I sat my tiny plant on the top shelf hoping that the sunlight could reach it.

"But ass asserts dominance. Lets that person know their place." Annie urged back.

"No Annie its butt from now on."

"Ass."

"Butt."

"Ass crack."

"butt crack."

"Asshole!"

"Butthole Annie!"

She got silent and started pouting. I think it's safe to say I won that argument.

"................ Ass."

"Oh for God's sake! I'm done with the conversation and will be heading to my room." Before leaving I saw the corner of Annie's lip turn upwards into a smirk. She can be such a pain in the as- butt. Pain in the butt.

I checked my emails as I normally do. I know it seems like an old person thing to do but the truth is I really don't use social media. Besides my plants, nothing else really goes on my page. I'm pretty seclusive about what and who I want in my life.