Chapter 02

Amber's POV
I unpacked my clothes and some baby clothes that had been given to me by friends, and Connor who had taken the role of uncle very seriously. Speaking of Connor.... I looked over at me cellphone to see that Connor was face timing me. I smile and answer to see both Connor and his older brother Keith.

 I smile and answer to see both Connor and his older brother Keith

(A/n: I just realized that I never put up pictures of the parents or my side characters 🤦 Ian Somerhalder as Henry Swan, Ksenia Solo as Jane Swan, Chris Massoglia as Zack, Richard Harmon as Connor, and Thomas McDonell as Keith)

"Hey, guys" I say with a smile. They smile back "Hey, Amber-" Keith starts only to be interrupted by Connor asking "How are my future niece or nephew?!" I blinked then burst out laughing as Keith scolds him. Connor corrects himself and asks "How are you?" I calm my laughter down and smile "I'm better now...."

Connor frowns and asks "What happened?" I sigh and tell them about my cousin and her behavior towards me. By the end of it Connor looks pissed and Keith has an unreadable expression on his face "What part of you yelling stop and crying and begging him to get off you sounds like you wanted to have sex with him?! That's rape!" Connor starts pacing the length of his bedroom at his dad's.

After the assault Connor and Keith's mom took Zack's side along with Zack's father and that's how they managed to get a plea deal. They both had a lot of money. Realizing that he was the only one with any morals Connor moved in with his biological father and his full brother. Keith had stayed with his dad because he knew what kind of a man his stepfather really was, and left. Connor stayed for his mom despite not liking his stepfather or stepbrother.

At times I felt bad for ruining Connor's relationship with his mother, but he constantly said that I opened his eyes to the kind of person that his mother was.

"I need some air..." Connor muttered and walked out. I cringed "I'm sorry..." I start but Keith waves his hand "Stop apologizing. Especially when it's not your fault.....you can always change you mind you know. You don't have to do this, there are other options" I look at him and say "There aren't other options. Not for me, maybe someone stronger could do it, but not me" I look down at my stomach where MY baby grew "The comments are only going to get worse..." I look up "I don't care! I'm not killing my baby, just because his father is an asshole who couldn't control his dick!" I snap which seems to startle Keith out of his thoughts.

His face softens "I'm sorry...I didn't mean to..." that's when I realize that I'm crying again. I turn around and wipe my cheeks "It's fine, the hormones are starting to get haywire" Keith sighs and says "Let's talk about something else.....any name ideas?" I chuckled and said "I was actually thinking K.C. Henry for a boy and Helena Jane for a girl, but I'm not sure if I'll keep them" Keith furrows his brows and asks "K. C.?" I smile and chuckled before saying "Keith Connor."

Keith looks surprise and flushed "Oh...." I let out a giggle.

Connor eventually came back and we continued to talk while I unpacked until Charlie called me downstairs for dinner.

I bid them farewell and went downstairs where Charlie was setting up plates from the diner. I looked around slightly nervous, but was pleasantly surprised when I didn't see Bella. "Bella's eating in her room. She never wants to leave their ever since Edward, her boyfriend, left" Charlie says when he notices my gaze.

I look over at him and ask "You didn't like him much did you?" Charlie shook his head "No. I didn't. I'm glad he's gone, he brought out the worst in Bella. He's gone now, but....Bella acts like he'll come back and she's convinced that they're Romeo and Juliet or something" I shake my head not understanding her feelings.

We sit down and Charlie explains Edward and Bella's relationship to me further. At least what he can explain about it since Bella practically tried to keep her 'old' family separated from her 'new' family. From what I can get from their 'star-crossed' romance is just straight up obsession and codependency.

Bella, as a child, always preferred the typical submissive housewife aesthetic. Princesses that needed saving from their horrible lives were her favorite stories. She wanted to marry a wealthy man and have children, despite the fact that she absolutely hates children.

I never thought that she'd turn out like this though, it was honestly concerning to hear.

I, on the other hand, preferred superheroes like Wonder Woman and Black Widow or women like Daphne and Velma. Strong, confident, beautiful, and multitalented independent women were my thing. I wanted to be free from all that, but then that awful night happened and I got pregnant.

I didn't care though. I could never be a badass Amazon warrior or assassin turned spy or even a savvy detective.....

.....but I think that I could be a pretty cool mom.

We ate and I practically inhaled my berry cobbler. Afterwards I sat on the couch with Charlie and watch some football while Charlie drank beer and I sipped on some tea.....the Detroit Lions suck.

I started getting drowsy. I accidentally bumped my head on Charlie's shoulder catching his attention from this easy win "Go on upstairs, sweetie, you have a doctors appointment tomorrow" I sleepily nodded and said "G'night uncle Charlie" he chuckles and says "Good night" I went upstairs and walked into my room.

I changed into pajamas and climbed into bed....and dreamed of picnics in Italy?

and dreamed of picnics in Italy?