Chapter Nineteen: Family Visits

Your pov
     I stood a ways away from the couch where Kyoutani and his mothers were sitting. (I like to think he has two moms and his bio dad visits sometimes) His mother with dirty blonde hair glared at me while his tanner mother spared glances at me while she spoke to Kyoutani. "Who is this, Ken?" His glaring mother asked.

"Oh, I- uh work with her." He stuttered out.

"Are you the one that took my baby?" She glared harder.

     Neither of us said anything as I continued to stare back at her, arms crossed over my chest. "You are! You bitch!" She screeched, throwing whatever she could get her hands on at me.

"Mom!" Kyoutani exclaimed, standing up.

     Cups of hot tea, books, a bowl of decorative fruit, and anything else on the coffee table was thrown at me. "Kera, the more things you throw, the more karma you'll receive." The tanner woman held the other's hand to stop her from throwing objects at me and to calm her down.

"It's not fair, Ema. He's my boy, and that- that thing," she spat at me, "took him from us.

"I understand, but remember it's also his life, dear. We can't force ourselves in his personal choices." She rubbed the other woman's back, gaining a nod.

"Are you okay?" Kyoutani asked, eyeing my cuts and forming bruises.

     I simply stared at him as I brushed off the ceramic pieces from my clothes and skin. "I'll be back, mom." Kyoutani tells his mothers and brings me to a room.

     His room was plainly decorated with nature themed decor. "Here- uh sit." He pulled a desk chair for me to sit down on.

     A deep sigh left me as I sat down to take a break, taking my mask off and shook out any remaining ceramic pieces from my mask. "Your mom is quite the character." I huffed, taking out whatever pieces stuck to my face.

"Yeah, my mom can be a bit crazy sometimes." He chuckled before sighing as he cleaned up my small wounds. "At least my other mom helps calm her down."

     There was a knock at the door, quickly making me put my mask back on before the door was opened. A little girl, holding a small box and a snake plush in her hands. "I have bandies for the boo boos." She shook the box, staring at me; doe eyed.

"Thanks, Mackie." He thanked her, ushering her out. "They're all reptile themed, so I'll get normal ones." He turned to me once the little girl was out.

"Sister?" I asked, my mask now on his desk as I slumped in the chair.

"Uh, yeah. Sorry." He waved his hand to dismiss me.

"Well, don't make her sad. Use the bandaids she gave you." I chuckled at his flushed face.

     He looked at the small box before nodding. He bandages up my small cuts with dinosaur and snake bandaids. Once he was finished, I stood up and put my mask back on. "Alright let's go back. Your moms and sister won't get to see you for awhile." I motioned my head for him to go.

"You've been standing for awhile, are you sure you don't want to rest more?" He offered.

"It's fine. Now, go." I insisted.

     He nodded, beginning to leave the room. I followed after him as he made his way back to the livingroom.

.

     Nightfall finally arrived, allowing me to at least sit down in the privacy in Kyoutani's room as he prepared to sleep. I sat cross-legged on the floor, meditating to keep myself occupied; yet ready for anything to happen. "You're just gonna sit there all night?" Kyoutani asked, slumping in his chair.

"I'm meditating. Go sleep." I huffed, closing my eyes tighter.

"You know you can sleep, right? My mom isn't gonna barge in and stab you or something." He joked.

"Your mothers don't scare me." I sighed, turning to face him. "But if anything- anyone came here to hurt your family, I need to be prepared for that. I'll sleep once tomorrow is over with." I quickly told him before turning back around.

     It sounded like he wanted to say something else, yet he stopped himself. He shuffled on the bed, tossing and turning before he finally laid still- presumably sleeping. A large sigh left me as I continued to meditate until morning arrived.

.

     Birds chirped outside as the morning light entered the room. An alarm rang throughout the room, causing Kyoutani to groan as he woke up. I stood up, stretching my stiff body as he began to get out of bed. "Get dressed. I believe your mother made breakfast." I stood at the foot of his bed, a lovely scent wafting through the room.

     He mumbled something under his breath as he stretched, forcing himself out of his bed. We made our way to the dining area, his family beginning to plate their food. "Come eat, sweetheart. I made your favorite." His mother smiled at him, glaring at me, motioning for Kyoutani to sit.

     He thanked his mother, sitting down and beginning to eat. I stood behind him, arms crossed over my chest as I waited for today to end. "Do you want something to eat, dear?" His other mom asked, staring up at me as she made a plate for their daughter. "We have-"

"Let the thing starve, Ema." His glaring mom spat, not that it mattered much to me.

     They muttered a small argument before I waved the thought away for both of them, allowing them to finish the rest of their breakfast.

.

     Finally, nightfall came; meaning we can now leave. It was a struggle to get Kyoutani's mother to release him, however, now we can finally return to my home.

"Don't bother me for the next few days. I'm going to go pass out." I instructed whoever was nearby as we entered the house; making my way to my room.

     I slumped into my bed, eager to finally get rest. There was a knock at my door, causing me to groan loudly as the person entered. Kyoutani stepped through, making me rub my temples. "I just spend two whole days and one night with you. Are you seriously going to stick by me longer than you need to?" A large sigh left me.

"I just want to know what I'm supposed to do. At school since you're not going to be there." He asked, seemingly almost too calm.

"Do what you normally do. Just don't talk about things you know you shouldn't." I sat up, looking at him.

     He nodded, still awkwardly standing at the entrance. "Did.. you need anything else?" I asked, making his eyes widen.

"Uh, no." He scratched the back of his neck, ears slightly red before quickly leaving my room.

     A curt laugh left me at his reaction before finally getting the rest I desperately needed.