Chapter 9

"3 weeks later"

Olivia and Anakin had begun to repair their damaged relationship and every day it was getting close to the day Anakin would finally meet his daughter. Olivia had finally decided that Anakin could meet Anna. She smiled brightly as she walked toward Anakin's quarters. She raised her hand to the metal door. But as she was about to knock the door opened to reveal Anakin.

"Anakin! I have a surprise," Olivia said with a bright smile. Anakin looked at his wife questionably but followed her to a meadow. Very similar to the place they had a picnic on Naboo. But in the meadow, Obi-Wan sat with Anna looking at the waterfall.

"Are you serious?" Anakin asked looking at Olivia, she smiled and nodded. Anna's eyes drifted to her mother and she quickly ran over.

"Moma!" Anna squealed as Olivia picked her up. Laughing as her daughter clung to her neck. Olivia adjusted Anna to rest her wait on her hip as she turned to Anakin.

"Anakin meet your daughter... Anna," Olivia said Anakin looked at his daughter with a bright smile on his face. Anna hid her face in the crook of Olivia's neck.

"It's okay. Anna...He won't hurt you," Olivia said trying to coax her away from her hiding spot.

Anakin held his hand out to his daughter. Anna reached her hand out when a large blast hit somewhere near them. Anakin wrapped his arms around Olivia and Anna protecting them from the falling debris. Olivia held Anna close between her and Anakin. Waiting for the blasts to stop.

It felt like an eternity until the blasting stopped. Once the firing ceased, Anakin moved his arms and saw Obi-Wan looking at the sky. He looked up and saw the empire's ships.

'Now Skywalker...I've come for her...'

Anakin helped Olivia up and looked at her with pleading eyes.

"Get out of here...He'll kill you," Anakin begged. Olivia looked at her husband and then at her daughter.

"No! I'll fight with you!" Olivia protested. They had mere moments to get Anna out of there. Olivia put her daughter on the ground near Obi-Wan. Olivia got to her daughter's level with tears in her eyes.

"Anna I need you to promise me that you'll do whatever Obi-Wan says no matter what," Olivia said placing her hands on Anna's shoulder.

"Moma?" Anna asked confused. Olivia took in a sharp breath looking at the fight ships began closing in.

"Anna, Promise me!" Olivia said looking into her daughter's eyes. Anna nodded her head vigorously as Olivia hugged her.

"We love you so much," Anakin said as Olivia rose from her place on the ground. Anna ran to Anakin and wrapped her tiny arms around his legs. Olivia let out a shaky breath.

"Obi-Wan...Take care of her," Olivia said her voice being breathy from holding back her tears. She knew very well she might die. Obi-Wan nodded and hugged her tightly. He pulled away from her and picked up Anna, who tried to protest but Obi-Wan began running back to the base to get reinforcements.

Olivia looked at Anakin as several ships began to land. Dust rose from the once green meadow. Anakin extended his hand to Olivia. She looked at his outstretched hand and took it. She looked up at him tears falling down her face, they could die on this battlefield. But Anna would have met her father and namesake.

"I love you," Olivia said the words felt foreign on her tongue but she squeezed Anakin's hand. If she were to die. She wanted this...this moment...right now to be her final memory of Anakin. The man she loved...smiling back at her.