BONUS: SHADOWS 1/2

It's been 3 weeks since we took down Blume. Things around the hackerspace had quietened, except for the odd call out from one of our contacts in the city. Marcus and Sitara were still working hard making sure our followers didn't drop after what we did to Blume, as was Josh in securing our data on the backend. Ray was in and out more than usual, making sure to tie up any loose ends from his old jobs.

On the other hand, Wrench and I had been busy too... In other ways. It's been a cold couple of weeks so we had to stay close together somehow. He made himself comfy at my apartment which I was completely for, but the others won't let us live it down.

It's 3pm on a Thursday when I find myself on Wrench's lap on the couch in the Hackerspace. Marcus is out meeting up with a contact, Sitara's working on some designs, Josh is on a standby channel for Marcus, and Ray is nowhere to be found.

"Hello-o-o?" Wrench knocks on my head gently, snapping me out of my daze.

"Hmm?" I blink and turn to him with a sleepy smile, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Do you know what you wanna order?"

"What?" He shakes his phone in front of me and I remember that we're ordering donuts. "Shit, sorry. Caramel glaze please, thank you." I close my eyes again, trying to fall asleep on him. But knowing that the others are still around with their mocking remarks, I blink back open and decide to stand up and stretch.

Josh starts talking to himself across the room before I realise he's on a call with Marcus. He must've gotten a lead on something. I look back to Wrench and see him busy on his phone, completing the order. He's literally sitting there, but god the way he sits with one leg crossed over with one hand resting in between...

"That Marcus?" Sitara interrupts my thoughts as she heads over to Josh's desk.

"Yeah, he's paying the Shus a visit."

"He need any backup?" She asks, moving to grab her gear in case.

"Maybe." Josh stands up and heads over to Wrench and I at the couch. "Can you guys be ready in case this blows in our face?"

Wrench waves a hand in the air dismissively. "Can't, man! Donuts are on their way. Sorry, amigo."

I nod over at Josh. "I'm in if you need me."

"Ellieeee!" Wrench whines. "But... Donut time..."

"They're not gonna go anywhere, Wrench." I lean forward and squeeze his head gently in my chest. Wrench takes the opportunity to flip me over and pin my hands to the couch.

"You're not gonna go anywhere either." I can tell underneath his mask that he's smirking at me. I try to wrestle my way out, giggling as I fail.

"Hey lovebirds, Marcus is on the group channel." She takes a seat with Josh at the main table as they both put headphones on. "Can you keep your hands out of each other's pants for one second?"

"No can do!" Wrench says before rolling us onto the floor, causing a big thump as I land on top of Wrench. "Geez, you're heavy."

I gasp and smack him on the arm. "Wow thanks."

"What?" We hear Sitara say from the table. "What are you talking about?"

I help Wrench up and he scoops me into a tight hug, lifting me off the floor and walking us over.

"The Chicago Vigilante?" Sitara exclaims, looking at me. I tap Wrench and he lets me down as I hurry over and Sitara hands me a set of earphones.

"That's him," Marcus says, "He's headed into a trap. Gotta help him."