[Season 1] Chapter 3 - Gallant Challenge

"Did you get enough rest, regulars?" Lero-Ro walked into the waiting room, dissipating your thoughts of Watatsumi and your people, "I'm so happy to see you again!"

He laughed, "I came here with very good news."

"I talked with the test director before I came here and he told us to give you a bonus game!"

"Sorry but. . ." Shibisu raised a hand, "It's not good for us to have more tests!"

"I'm sorry to hear that. It's up to each team to choose whether to play the bonus game. There's no penalty if you don't participate. But the winner of this bonus game gets to pass the final test of this floor."

"They get the right to go straight to the next floor." Laure woke, head tilting over to the ranker. "The winner won't have to take the remaining tests."

"This game is called the crown game. I will explain the details to you when we get to the game spot."

After arriving at the game spot and having Lero-Ro explain the rules, you sat down as the countdown started, "Let's be cautious and wait for now."

Thus you watched as Anak single-handedly defeat the other team, her display of power forming a premonition of doom over the atmosphere.

"Let's go this time." Laure woke from his slumber, his sudden words shocking Ho.

". . .What?"

"Let's join this round."

"Are you dreaming of something? It's the second round. Do you think we can last until the fifth round? We still have a while to go until it's time for us to join, so just go to sleep. Did you wake up to say that silly stuff?" Serena leered.

"Stupid girl."

"What!?"

"The defensive team only has a disadvantage until the second or third round. From the third or fourth round, the defensive team has a better chance of winning. Especially for a team like us." Laure sat up, his blanket now only on his legs.

"I understand, I do but Mr. Laure but let's not be hasty. We still don't know why Ms. Anak chose to sit on the throne despite being the most capable in her team." You attempted to reason, "For now we must assume that her limited movement won't affect her area of reach."

"It doesn't matter, I can still attack her from anywhere. If we can hold the crown from the third round onwards for five minutes, we'll win." Laure stood, wrapping his blanket around himself, "If more than three attacking teams join the game the attacking teams can't destroy the defensive line because they'll have to stop other attacking teams and the defensive team. There's no guarantee that three or less attacking teams will be joining the third round so we have to act now."

"So. . . if there are many attacking teams ,which team is safest during the first five minutes?" Laure asked, turning to his other teammates.

"The team with the member sitting on the king's throne." Ho replied reluctantly, glancing downwards.

". . . Makes sense. But even though it's true that the defensive team has an advantage, they won't be able to hold of all the attacking teams in that five minutes." Serena replied.

"I can."

". . . What?"

"I can hold off all the other teams while sitting on the king's throne and protecting the crown. During those five minutes I can keep the crown keeper completely safe, because I'm a shinsu user."

You sighed, ". . . Alright, there's no convincing Mr. Laure otherwise. Ms, Serena and Mr. Ho, please avoid the swordsman and stall Mr. Shibisu. I'll take care of the swordsman."