Chapter 6

"Don't worry, nothing is happening, you just need to train with James in secret, because he is known to be dead from now on." He said smiling at James, which that made James had goosebumps.

"Hahahahahaha, I always liked that thought, but are you really going to kill me now?" He asked leaning towards the duke, which that made the duke smirking, the duke leaning towards him as well, Eleanor gulped in fear, the killing tension was so high.

"Don't worry, not yet, but maybe soon." He leaned and whispered into his ear. "We will both die." James widened his eyes, the duke was the most powerful knight in the imperial, no one could take him down not even James, James was surprised to hear that and leaned back on his seat looking at him.

"Then it means it's time to be serious again?" James asked again, but this time he was angry but still smiling.

"W-wait wait, what is going on? Serious again? Serious about what exactly? Father, please share this information with me too, if it is about them, I want to know it all. Please share it." Eleanor asked but her eyes were widened and serious, the duke sighed and smiled.

"Yes, it's about them, I think we got finally a lead to who might be behind all of that, I already confirmed it back at James's house. So, if we entered his house back then, we would be already dead." The duke explained, she relaxed her face and nodded.

"I see, so they were the same people that were behind that night." She clenched her fists which it made it bleed.

The duke sighed and grabbed her hand, making her hand relax.

"It's okay soon enough we will capture them. But you need to be trained first, by everyone in my crew, we already made half of them, I learnt you, now it's James's turn and then him." The duke said relaxing his body on the carriage and smiling at Eleanor.

"Wait hold up, you mean HIM?" James asked with a questionable look. The duke just nodded.

"But you declared him dead, if you go to him, he will get so mad, yup that's it I'm not coming with you." James just started to shook his head while he crossed his arms in his chest.

"He won't be happy when he sees us again, not at least if we can explain, but he won't listen at all unless it's someone else." James looks straight at Eleanor. Eleanor looks at him in terror.

"What the hell? If you two are so scared of him then why are we going there?" Eleanor asked looking towards the duke furrowing.

"He will help you become another person in a matter of time." The duke said as he leaned back in his seat and the carriage stopped. The butler opened the door and grabbed Eleanor's hand, after Eleanor got down, she turned and looked at the duke.

"Can I bring Maddie and John with me, when we go and visit you father, father?" The duke looked at her, he got out and looked at her.

"That is a must, of course they are coming with us." Eleanors face brighten up and started smiling.
James looked at them and smiled.

"Stop spoiling her so much. She-"

"Stop nagging my father, then maybe then he will listen to you." Eleanor shouted from afar giggling.

"Her and her attitude." James said laughing angry. The duke busted out laughing.

"But seriously, are you sure you want to send her there?" James asked as they both walked towards the estate.

"I don't have any other choice, they will go after her soon enough, they are the emperor's dogs, and Martin is one of them." He said as he clenched his jaw. James looked pissed right now.