Jester x princess!reader - Hate how you make me feel

You know what Y/N means by now, W/OC means Weapon of choice.

Finally, her duties for today were over. She'd been standing, smiling and waving in the great hall for long enough now. Time to head down to the arena.

As the eldest of the now three daughters, with Emilia being a close runner-up, Y/N was her parents' pride and joy. Leonora and Bartholomeus loved her dearly, as her frequent sparring sessions with Head Warden Brutus reminded them of Jan and Valdemar when they were younger. Katherina liked her older sister as well, taking pride in trying her best to be as brave as Y/N was. This left Emilia to feel overlooked sometimes, but she had her soon-to-be husband who was there for her in those times.

Y/N got along with almost everyone in the court. There was merely one person she couldn't stand, but who loved to tease and annoy her wherever she went. As she thought about it, she could almost hear that horribly cheerful voice of his at the end of the hall, or see the bell-adorned tips of his hat stick out from behind a corner.

She huffed. That damned jack...

Her steps echoed around the staircase as she stepped down into the comforting cold of the Warden's domain. The bearded man watched her enter from his spot in the middle of the arena, laughing; "I was already wondering when you would get here, your majesty. I have taken the brave liberty of preparing your armor for you. Put it on, choose your weapon and meet me down here."

Nodding, Y/N walked into the changing rooms and quickly donned her suit. Afterwards, she entered the weaponry room to find...

"Oh..! Eheh... Good day, your highness~..." She groaned; "You may once again shut your mouth, trickster." The Jester, who had been looking for equipment to train with, pouted as she caressed the handles of the various close-combat weapons; "Do I truly irritate you that much..? Or is it all just... a little facade..?"

It had been mere minutes and she could feel her blood boiling already. Through gritted teeth, she answered;
"It most certainly is not. Why do you find such entertainment in my frustration anyway?" He answered innocently; "Me? Entertained by angering you? Why I would never!"

"Stop lying, jack." "With all due respect..." He began, but didn't get a response. Without another word, she took a W/OC from one of the handles and turned to leave, before bumping right into his chest. "...I'm not the liar here, milady." She groaned, looking up and falling silent after.

She could see every detail of his jokers hat and every scratch on his mask.

It laid still on his face, but she could tell by his body language that the Fool was grinning. This only dawned upon her after about 15 seconds of inspecting his mask and hat. She scoffed and looked away, feeling heat rise to her cheeks for some reason. "Whatever it is you aim to achieve can wait, Jester. I, for one, have places to be." "Heheh~... I'm sure you do..." he said. Stepping aside, the Fool made a deep bow and let her through. However, before she reached the door to the arena...

"Oh, your majesty..?"

He sounded confident, a bit sly even. She didn't like that tone at all. Turning around, she gripped the W/OC a little tighter and shot the Fool an irritated, but questioning glare. His mask just sent an unmoving grin back in response; "Would you meet me in the Alchemist's Spire after you're done? I'd quite like some company."

She rolled her eyes and, W/OC strapped to her leg armor, she turned back around, walking over to Brutus and leaving the jack in the weapon room.

Already knowing her exact destination after she was done.