Brutus x reader x Jester - The Chase is On

Felt like writing medium scary stuff, might do something like this with Carolyn as well. Y/N is Your Name, as usual
————————————————

Footsteps echoed through the halls. Ragged breaths left her mouth as her eyes shot around every millimetre of the now terrifying environment she called home. Her mind, overrun with anxiety, for around every corner, something could be lurking in the shadows. She kept running, never looking back to see if she was followed.

Only when she reached the courtyard, did she look back. Nobody was behind her. Sighing in relief, she turned back around, only to have her heart shoot into her chest again. An unnatural shadow caught her eye, its eyes shining a malignant crimson as it hovered there. It seemed, upon closer inspection, to breathe just as she did.

Y/N shrieked in utter terror, wasting no time in bolting away from this strange appearance and refusing to hear the high-pitched, mischievous giggles the shadow let out before it gave chase.

Crossing hallway after hallway, turning corner after corner, she found it had been for naught. She was cornered and, even worse, the hooded stranger with his axe had found her again as well. The weird shadow duplicated itself behind him, as the three approached the terrified maid.

The unknown man heaved his axe and Y/N shut her eyes, scared for her life...

"That's enough, you two. You're scaring the poor thing to death!" The axe was lowered to his side, as Y/N gratefully peeked at Leonora from between the arms she held in front of her face as a shield.

The hood was lowered, as the maiden fully retreated her arms from their positions in front of her face. "I can't help it, Your Majesty, she's simply too fun to scare," Brutus chuckled, clipping the axe to his belt.

"I must agree with the Prison Warden on this one, Your Highness~..."

The shadows beside him merged and shrunk until Rudolph's features were distinctable from them. Y/N now stood again, pouting; "Just get another victim sometime around, please! I need my rest as well!"

The guys chuckled and Brutus made a mocking bow, winking; "As you wish, sweetheart." As the Warden walked past the others, Rudolph spoke; "I'd best get to the theatre as well. I cannot promise for this not to reoccur, however."

He brushed past Y/N on his way and whispered something into her ear. A single sentence that made her, among most of the court shake like a leaf. She instinctively pulled away and watched him walk off into one of the castles many halls, as his words echoed and filled the silence around her.

'Watch your back this Halloween, little crow~...'