s. 16 ep. 25

"Jungwon! I'm going to Heeseungs!" My sister screamed from downstairs, making me go down. "Why are you always letting me know? He's your best friend, just go."

"Yea right, my best friend. Anyways, take Maeumi on his walk, okay? Bye." She closed the door leaving me home alone, again.

This has been going on for weeks now, her telling me she's going to the dorm. So stupid of her, I'm not her dad or something I don't need to know where she's heading to.

Except my sister, there's been going on a lot in my friend group. It's been three weeks since Soojin's birthday and we all would meet up now and then but now that a lot of exams are coming up I would just pass and study.

Time to time Soyoung and I would text each other about random stuff too. Sometimes she would ask me about school stuff - because we're in the same grade and Soojin told her I'm the smartest in the friend group - and sometimes she would text me out of boredom, asking me random questions.

I don't mind though, she's really funny with her random facts and jokes that aren't even funny.

I put on my shoes and took his leash when I locked the house and started walking.

────── •✧• ──────

"Soyoung! Dinners ready!" My mom called me as I finished my papers. "You've been studying all day now. Take a break, my dear." My dad patted my head as I sat at the table.

"I didn't study before, so I need to catch up. I'll take a break soon." I ate the food after talking. "Why don't you go on a walk? You usually did that." - "Oh yeah, I'll just go on a walk after dinner. Thanks!" I smiled at my mom.

After eating I thanked my mom for the food and got ready to leave the house. I took my phone and keys and just walked out of my neighborhood.

Right after I walked out of my neighborhood my ears hurt. "Stupid glitch here isn't even a single soul." I mumbled laughing to myself.

I'll just go to the river and relax there.

"I should get ice cream." I mumbled again and walked the opposite way. "Soyoung!" I heard my name being called as I turned around. Suddenly a dog started barking as I looked at the owner.

"Oh hey, Jungwon. It's been a while." I said kneeling for the dog. "What's his name?" - "Maeumi." - "Aww." I stroked Maeumi when Jungwon kneeled too.

"Where are you heading to?" He suddenly asked. "Buying ice cream, I wanted to take a break at the river. You wanna join?" I smiled getting up again. "Ice cream mid November?" He raised his eyebrows when i just laughed "Yeah I was just craving it." - "I'll just come with you then...."

────── •✧• ──────

"Maeum aren't you tired? Stop running!" I ran behind my dog as he kept running away. "I'll take you on your leash again." He slowly stopped walking. "And that's how you do it." A slight smile was seen on my face.

I walked a little bit more when I saw a familiar figure. "Look Maeumi there is your mom. Soyoung!" I called out her name as Maeumi walked up to her.

"I'll just come with you then, it's not so safe to be outside alone. Especially when it's already dark." - "Thank you for always taking care of me." She suddenly said, catching me off guard.

"That's not a big deal, we're friends, right?" I smiled looking at her. Even in the dark, she's shining, damn.

We entered the nearest convenience store when she walked up to the freezer. I just followed her, having Maeumi in my hands. "So how are your studies going? Could you understand it then?" - "Yes! Thanks again." She laughed.

"What do you want?" Soyoung looked at me with the popsicle in her hand. "Oh I don't-" - "Then choose something else. That's my way to say thank you for everything. You can choose a lot of other things too if you want. We can even get something for this cutie." She cut me off, talking cutely to Maeumi.

A small laugh left my mouth as I chose an ice cream. "That's the first and last time." I gave one to her. "Promise!" She said walking with me to the cashier.

~

"Do you have something to do after that?" We were sitting on a bench under a street lamp, eating the ice cream. "Not really I just need to try and understand physics." Soyoung sighed eating her ice cream.

"I can help you with that, I already wrote my exam in physics." - "You sure? I don't want to be a burden, you still have to write-" - "Soyoung, you'll never be a burden." I cut her off, looking at her, locking eyes.

Our song. It's playing. Please, don't let her notice I'm hearing it too.

Silenced was filled. Just us looking at each other, barely seeing each other's faces because of the darkness.

"I mean," she broke the eye contact looking around "if you're okay with it, you can help me. I would really appreciate it." She mumbled making me smile.

"My sister isn't home anyway we can do it tonight? You can just sleep at my- I mean- if you want to- we are friends after all." I stuttered closing my eyes.

You ruined it dumbass.

Soyoung just laughed "Sure." She got up stretching her arms "tell me, buddy. Where is your home?" She talked with Maeumi as he excitedly let her pet him.

☁︎☁︎☁︎

I'm so tired..🥱🥱