Chapter 2- the tour

"First stop is the bakery. It's my favorite place to stop when running errands!" Rose exclaimed, running up to the bakery. It looked absolutely gorgeous from the outside with vines and flowers covering the outside walls and a bunch of delicious pastries displayed in the windows. Before Tommy could get a good look at any of the pastries in the window Rose grabbed his hand and dragged him inside. "Good morning Olivia!" Rose says.
"Good morning Rose, who's your friend?" Olivia says, putting some freshly baked muffins onto the counter. "This is Theseus, he's new to the village. He'll be staying with me until his house is built." Olivia looks over at Tommy and smiles "it's nice to meet you Theseus! I'm Olivia and I'm the owner of this bakery!" She says Tommy smiles back and says "nice to meet you too! How much are those muffins?" Olivia looks back at the muffins and looks back at Tommy "it's on the house. Take it as my gift to welcome you to the village!" Rose lays her head down on the counter and puts on a pouting face "Ollieeee you never gave me a welcome to the village giftttt"
"That's because when you first came here you were flirting with me non-stop! And stop calling me Ollie!" Olivia says, shoving a muffin into Rose's mouth. "Good luck Theseus you're gonna need it. Rose is a whole different species." Olivia says, handing Tommy a muffin. Tommy smiles and laughs he could get used to this. "Thank you for the muffin and the warning." Rose stops eating her muffin to put on a fake offended face "I can not believe you would say such a thing about me Ollie!" Olivia rolls her eyes and says "I have to get back to work but y'all can stay for as long as y'all like. call if you need me" Olivia walks into the kitchen completely ignoring Rose. "Don't believe her Theseus!" Rose exclaimed "I don't know Rose, you don't really act human and you're way too short to be one." Tommy says giggling "I may be short but I can still beat your ass anytime I want bitch" Tommy sticks his tongue out and Rose gives him the middle finger and says "come on let's go we have so much more to see!"

Rose shows Tommy around the rest of the village and introduces Tommy to the majority of the village. After a long day they finally end up at home. "I don't know how to cook so I hope you're ok with a bunch of snacks for dinner." Rose says sitting on the couch and covering her eyes. "Actually I know how to cook. As long as you have ingredients I can make dinner." Rose uncovers her eyes "yea I have ingredients I go shopping every week" Tommy nods and starts to get to work making dinner. After a couple hours he's done. "I'm done, come try some." Tommy says, Rose puts down her journal and comes into the kitchen. She grabs a bowl of it and tries it "what is this it's so good!"
"It's chicken and dumplings it's one of my favorite dishes"
"How much did you make?"
"Uhm a whole pot why?"
"We've got to share this with the village!"
She grabs the pot and puts it on an outside table "hey everyone Theseus just made some chicken and dumplings you've got to try this!" In less than two minutes the whole village was sitting with them on their front porch eating and chatting. Isaac comes and sits beside Tommy. (Isaac owns the local flower shop Tommy and Rose went to visit him while touring the village. He's a really nice guy) "how do you learn to cook so damn good Theseus?" Isaac asks, smiling "oh when I was a little kid I had to learn because the person who was taking care of me (Wilbur) had more important things to do." Isaac looked at Tommy with a smile "well whoever that is is a real jerk but they did help you find your talent!" Isaac puts an arm around Tommy as Tommy looks around at all the people sitting with him. There's no fighting or wars, just people smiling having dinner together. Maybe Tommy can finally find peace here.

A/N
I hope your enjoyed and pls comment it helps me get motivated to right more! And yes the last part was a reference from princess and the frog.
752 words