Chapter 45

"thank you"

Andrew POV

"Natey Nate!" I spoke out as I knocked on the open door and closed it, seeing Nathan trying to clean up the mess around the apartment.

"If you're here to convince me about going to the fundraiser, Lucas already beat you to the punch."

"Oh okay, but that's not why I'm here," I said as I leaned against the counter. "Just checking if you're good besides the crutches and all."

Nathan sighed, "My response is the same just like the past few days, you've done this. I'm good." He tries to reassure me.

"You sure?" I question which made him groan in annoyance. "I mean going through a crash like that, it's serious, Nate. You can talk to me you know that. I'm not trying to pressure you to do it now but when you want to, I'm here."

"You're talking like you're my wife now." He teased earning a laugh from me.

"I mean if you want but I'm unavailable in the bedroom area." I joked as he shakes his head with a smile. My eyes caught notice of papers that were sticking out of a manila envelope but I caught a glance of the bold word that read 'annulment'. "You got annulment papers?" I asked, bringing my attention back to him.

He grabbed the papers and stuffed them into the envelope before answering. "I didn't, my dad did."

"And you're thinking about it?" Pushing the topic further. What can I say? I'm a bit nosey.

"I told you what she did that day I went to go see her. She basically ended things." He responded. "I don't know maybe I should do this."

"You think this is good for you two?" I asked as he just shrugged, keeping his attention on the floor. "Well if you go this route, just make sure it's for the right reason and not for Dan," I told him as he glanced back up and nodded gradually.

"Okay enough about my relationship. What about yours? Have you asked Brooke about Lucas?"

Now it's my turn to look at the floor. "No," I replied causing him to just look at me. "But I will, soon." Trying to persuade him that I wasn't holding this off. "Like tonight," I added.

"Tonight?" He repeated with a smirk. I nodded and he laughed, "Okay, we'll see about that."

~

The movie night slash fundraiser started as people claimed their spots near the screen. It started weird with the film being about car accidents with gruesome footage which wasn't the right film but since Nathan seemed oddly happy about it, they didn't change it.

That movie comes to an end as someone steps to my side. "Hey, hot stuff," Brooke said as she gave me a small kiss, draping her arms around my neck as I wrapped mine around her waist. "Feel like I haven't seen you all day."