Homeland Security

-Knock-

-Knock...-

The second one roused the woman from her sleep,who was grumbling lowly,peeved at being awoken by someone before her alarm.She was peeved even further when the person began banging-

-BANG! BANG-

"Alright!-I fucking heard you!Stop that shit!" Were the choice words of Azula as she granted access.Who dared disrespect her sleep??

The entry slid open,revealing a beautiful woman in the latest Gen 2 Pilot armor,and an official MK1 Pulse Blade helmet in her grasp.

The Ghost leader aimed a pillow at the figure,grumbling as they simply moved out of the way,deadpan on her face as she did.

"Definitely too old to still be bitching like this,even then."She feigned exasperation at the insistence on her sleep,remembering vividly how she'd fought her own pilot handler for drenching her in water for training...but it was 3 in the morning.

Shade shook at the fond memory,adopting a serious look,causing the woman on the bed to straighten up as well,knowing full well what ensued.

"Their waiting for you on the Pentagram,along with Intel,something about creating an area 'similar to today's warzone'.Now get switched on and meet me outside."

She nodded,watching her sway out before beginning to strap on her gear.Attached the plates,secured on his plate carrier,followed by his helmet and jump kit rig locking into place with multiple clicks...Today was where they'd set themselves apart as a new player on the field ,with the combat skills to boot .

Their Irons blossomed into an effective pilot,long been promoted from his postion as a mere Private,with Azula deciding to put the man in charge as a Pilot Master Sergeant of the defending unit of pilots,or the "Home Team" to make use of his even greater ability to defend those he cared enough for.

Nodding as she gave herself a gear check,she fired her visor on,gray light spreading across the visage followed by multiple darker lights that jumped across her classic armor,illuminating as well.

She sealed a logbook and documents before walking out..

__________________________________
Both pilots made it down the massive corridors,heading toward the sim room they were summoned to.They passed the rec bay,where they greeted some of their grunt friends who saluted sharply.

This was a common occurrence,where most grunts and infantry would've normally give pilots a wide berth.Usually every pilot seemed to have a stigma surrounding them that screamed 'elite' to those below them.

They arrived,which peeled open as they entered,along with 3 other pilots who were outside,sporting the same Ghost 'defender' patches as he,which went well with the faction colors of dark blue and gray.

"Defenders."Wraith acknowledged,nodding and motioning them all to sit as she stood.she then raised her tacpad,connecting it a display on the table.

"Go ahead,AD."She spoke to the table as said entity came into view on the camera.Irons and his team looked on as they saw a red ping on their tacmap,on a formerly inhabited region of the planet at that.It looked to be atop Ashford,a well known bandit settlement that sat high above the long stretch of taigas before reaching their own sector.

Perfect for recon...and target practice.

"...Later today the planet of Era will be hosting the SRS special forces division of the Frontier Militia,who are due in approximately 6 Era hours...We need to downplay our hand for these new strangers,and veil our strength...which extends to our already stretched pilots."