Luke Skywalker

1831 words

1831 words

•~~~~~•

I was cleaning a house that was just destroyed by a sandstorm. I exhaled as I picked up another piece of trash and threw it away. There were some noises outside of the house, I would've checked but I don't get paid enough to care.

I grabbed my broom and began sweeping, sand was everywhere inside of here. I hated sand with every fiber of my being, but all I could do about it is just deal with it. I didn't get paid enough to be able to leave this sand planet called Tatooine.
I finished cleaning and smiled wide.

I went to leave the house but the door was blocked and every window was locked shut. I tried to open the door again when I heard some voices outside. I didn't listen for long as the interior of the house felt hotter than normal. I turned around and saw fire.

I let out a scream and tried slamming the door open, but it wasn't working.
I started coughing due to the smoke filling the house. Tusken Raiders cheered outside of the house. They must have started the fire.

Smoke filled my lungs as I collapsed to the floor my vision faded to black. I felt myself slip out of consciousness. The last thing I saw was a figure breaking down the front door and running towards me.

I felt hands on the side of my face, trying to wake me up. My eyes fluttered open and I was met with the face of someone I though I lost.
"Luke!" I exclaimed, hugging my closest friend.
He chuckled and hugged me back.
"It's so great to see you again." He said with a large smile.
A frown quickly grew on my face as I remember how he abandoned me without a goodbye.

"So... you actually did it, you're a Jedi." I said with slight disbelief.
"Yes, I did, and I'm so sorry for leaving you here... alone... I wasn't thinking..." he started but I cut him off with a finger to his lips.
"You were chasing your dreams, I wouldn't want to hold you back anyways. But you could've at least said goodbye." I chuckled.

"Hold me back?" He questioned.
"You know how much you had to help me with basic tasks, if you hadn't left, I'd be holding you back by asking for help." I smiled at him.
He shook his head.
"No, you did anything but hold me back!" He exclaimed, taking my hands in his.

I chuckled and looked up at him.
"While you went away I had to create a new identity for myself." I laughed.
"Why is that?"
"I have a rather large bounty on my head." I awkwardly said.

"Y/n what did you do?!"
"I freed Jabbas slaves. I couldn't let them be stuck there!"
He smiled and hugged me again.
"At least you did a good thing." He chuckled.
"So.. now what? Are you just going to leave again?" I questioned.