25. My fight.

Leah.

"So when was your first kiss?" Ivy, seated next to me in the front passenger seat of my car, asks. I furrow my eyebrows before I turn to look at her, she doesn't look at me, she only giggles and hugs her legs closer to her chest. I wonder if she is cold, we stayed at some bar until around 11 PM, when she asked me to take her home.

Did that question just lash out of the blues?

"I um," I try to remember when and where I had my first kiss as well as figure out where that came from. It was just a few minutes ago when we were talking about Rihanna, and how her mom will whoop her ass since she was drinking. She only had about three bottles of beer, yet she is giddy. She talks a lot when she is drunk, and so she has been talking the entire ride.

There's some soft music playing on the radio. A song about first kisses, and I figure it's where she got her question.

Normal teenager stuff, except I have lived a thousand years and I do not age. It feels weird, but it's something I have mastered over the years—to be a teenager.

My mind is old.

"You don't remember?" Ivy giggles, placing her hand to her lips, I notice that her nails are painted black, and I smile because it's my favorite color. "I had mine when I was fifteen, God, I wrote it in my diary."

Oh. Diary?

Of course, every teenager has such, except me. Eve does have a diary where she writes her dirty little secrets. Not long ago, I had access to those secrets. She gave me her diary to read, and we would laugh about how silly everything was. I guess I miss that, I miss her, but there is nothing I can do about it now.

I only pray that someday after all this goes away, I will be able to find her, and we would make up. But when is that one day? There's still an active war going on between her and Ivy, and what hurts the most is I cannot anticipate or prepare enough for her attack. Eve is unpredictable, she can come anytime from anywhere. I only hope to always be around to protect Ivy.

I have seen Eve fight, and she fights to kill, nothing else. I can imagine the rage she is holding right now, she will want to rip poor Ivy apart.

I had asked Ivy why Eve and Adam wanted her dead, but she never really gave me anything solid. She only shrugged and said she didn't know why. Darius has been working but slowly, he has not gotten anything important.

"I had mine when I was fourteen," I lie. I was turned into a vampire when I turned eighteen and got stuck at eighteen.

"Fourteen? That boy must have been a charmer." Ivy giggles.

Come to think of it, I have only had one boyfriend—Jaden, who now hates me for siding with the enemy. The rest have been just flirts.

"He was actually."

"This is gonna sound weird, but how old are you?" She asks.

"Eighteen, you? Why?"

"Really? You behave like you're thirty, too mature." she laughs.

"Oh." why am I not surprised?

"I am seventeen," she says, and just then my car bumps into something. I crease my eyebrows and winded what that was.

"Did you hear that?" I ask, trying to see if it really happened.

"Hear what?" She asks, confirming my hallucinations. Lately, I haven't been getting any rest, I am only at rest when I am with Ivy because then nothing can get to her. But still, the fact that I don't know Eve's plan is a bother. I can't be too careful.

"It's probably noth-"

No, it is something. Someone is standing in front of the car. It takes me another second to react, so I press my foot on the emergency break and Ivy goes slamming into the dashboard. Did she not wear a seat belt?

"You okay?" I ask my eyes at the person in front of us.

"Yes, who is that?" Ivy asks, following my eyes to the woman with a redhead, she is wearing a nightgown—did she come to battle in a gown? Typical Eve, she takes everything lightly.

I don't know if she is looking back at us because her hair covers her face.

"Eve," I mumble, my breath hitching and my heart picking its deadly pace. "You stay here, alright?"

"Where are you going? Are you going to fight her? This is not between you and her, it's me and her. Don't get involved," Ivy blathers, but I have lost her, whatever she is saying, I am not getting it. All I can think of is fighting Eve.

I must admit; I am afraid. I haven't been in one-on-one serious combat with her, only when training and nothing serious.

"Ivy, you need to trust me," I assure her and step out of the car, "don't come out until I tell you to do so."

Without waiting for her reply, I walk over to where Eve stands. She chuckles and looks up at me, the glint in her blue eyes is mischievous. I recognize that look; the deadly look. The one she always has when she wants to kill. When she has the hunger to murder someone. A shiver runs down my spine, making my hairs rise, but I ignore it and do the only heroic thing I can do.

"Eve, been a minute."

"She poisoned your mind, why are you fighting for her? Has her innocence blinded you too? My Adam is dying because of her, she bewitched him, she is not innocent Leah. Just step aside and let me finish this, it's for the good of all of us." It's scary how calm she is when I know she is seething inside.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I don't have time to explain. Now step aside," Eve says through gritted teeth.

"You're going to have to kill me to get to her."

Eve scoffs, "you will fight me because of her?"

"If it gets to that, yes."

"Fine, I might as well kill you both," Eve grumbles and charges against me.

I anticipate her attack and I wait for it.

"No, wait!" Ivy screams, why the fuck is she out of the car? Eve halts just a few feet from us.

"What the fuck Ivy, I told you to stay in the car," I say through my teeth.

"Oh Leah, I admire your determination, but this is my fight," Ivy says, her voice is low, and her eyelids are almost closing. She looks drowsy or drunk, how is she going to fight?

"Ivy, leav-"

She cuts me off when she lands her lips on mine. I don't know what to do, so I freeze, but she doesn't seem to care; she twists her tongue in my mouth, and when she has gotten enough, she pulls away, leaving my lips swollen. She stares into my eyes, hers are darker, and she doesn't seem like herself.

Is she drunk?

"Wait for me, this will be quick," she whispers before she takes off with Eve.

Is she a vampire too because she moved faster than anything I have seen before!

Snapping out of my trance, I try to follow where the leaves rattle. I can hear screams, but I don't know who is screaming, I walk further into the words and there she is. Laying on the ground, immobile.

I ran to her side, and I look around for Eve. There's no sign of her, so I carry an unconscious Ivy to the car.

That was fast.

And what the fuck happened?

#