Always

I need him to leave, I cant fix the scowl that seems to permanently be on my face

I need him to leave, I cant fix the scowl that seems to permanently be on my face. When he realizes I won't be making a move to take his hand he drops it and gives me a tight-lipped smile.

"Can I sit?" he motions to the spot beside me on the bed and I quickly shake my head no.

so he plops down on the floor in front of me, his fingers nervously tapping his legs as I keep my eyes on him.

"You know your dad is really cool," he starts off and my frown deepens.

"My dad died when I was five," he says quietly.

I'm shocked but quickly strengthen my resolve, just because his dad is gone doesn't mean he can have mine. I definitely don't want his mom!

"I'm sorry to hear that," I squeak out, the manners Uncle Jinnie instilled in me prevailing despite me wanting to ignore him.

"It's okay. I'm sorry about your mom too. You know my mom's really nice."

"I don't need her. I've got my aunties," I stop his train of thought then and there not wanting him to get any ideas.

He frowns and then shifts in his spot tucking his legs under himself so he's sitting on his knees.

"Your dad makes my mom really happy. She used to cry a lot, but now she smiles and laughs way more than I've seen her do in a long time."

I let out a sigh and Crixus continues talking.

"I know it probably seems like a lot is happening too fast. When my mom started dating again I hated all the guys, I thought they wanted to take my dad's place and steal my mom away from me."

"No one can take my mom's place, Daddy still loves her," I argue crossing my arms over my chest.

"My mom still loves my dad," he argues back a smile on his face as I shoot daggers at him.

"My mom doesn't want to take her place or steal your dad. We just want to spend time with him and you. Don't you think you could give it a try?" he tilts his head to the side his smile growing more prominent as he waits for me to agree.

Fat chance though!

"No," he frowns at my word and sits on the bed beside me throwing himself back.

"Why?" he asks softly.

"Because I already have a fam-" my words die as I think about them.

Did I really have a family? Ollie and I haven't spoken in weeks which means I haven't seen Uncle TaeTae or Vanessa. Yoongs is mad at me and about to have a new baby to worry about, and the others all have their own things going on. Even Uncle Jinnie has his own family that he spends alone time with, and I'm not part of it.

But me and Daddy are fine. We don't need anyone else right?

I sigh and lay back on my bed unable to stop the tears that quietly roll down my cheeks. I feel the bed shift and Crixus' eyes bore into me.

"You know I always wanted to have a sister. My mom is an only child like me so I've never had anyone else," he reaches out to wipe my tears and I don't fight him this time.

"I promise to be the best big brother ever, you can tell me anything about how your feeling and I'll understand because I've gone through it too," a smile tugs on his lips and I can feel myself relax.

I don't want a brother but having someone close in age who understands might be nice. 

I let it all out explaining my fears and concerns to him, how everything is changing too fast and I don't know how to hold on to the people I love as they move on without me. He actually listens to me explaining how he's gone through similar things and what helped him.

He eventually takes my hand and pulls me up off the bed and down the stairs. Daddy's sitting on the couch head buried in his hands as Crixus' mom whispers to him, rubbing his back gently.

I freeze and my whole body tenses but Crixus gives my hand a small squeeze and clears his throat.

"Can we go home mom?" she whips her head around to face us and Daddy quickly stands.

"Bells baby," his voice is hoarse and I meet his eyes offering a small smile.

Everything I've been holding in finally breaks free and I let go of Crixus rushing over to Daddy who instantly scoops me up into his arms. I bury my face into his neck, and Daddy holds me tight.

"Hope to see you soon Ara," I hear Crixus say. His mom says goodbye also and tells Daddy to call her later.

I feel him nod as he continues to sniffle. when I hear the door shut and Daddy places me down on the floor. He crouches down to be at eye level with me and I say the first thing that pops into my head.

"Daddy please don't leave me. I promise I'll be a better girl. I won't cuss again, and I'll take the trash out, I'll be nice to your new lady friend and I won't give her mean looks but please don't leave me alone anymore," I rush out and Daddy looks shocked.

"Baby what?" he questions as he takes my hands into his large comforting ones.

"You are already the best girl in the whole world. You shouldn't cuss that's not very nice and I would like it a lot if you got along with Violet and Crixus, but even if you don't and even if you sometimes cuss or don't take out the trash I'll never leave you alone."

"But, you have been so busy and left me with my Uncles because you are starting a new family."

"You are my family Bells. You and Mommy. But maybe we can make some room for Violet and Crixus?" I nod my head agreeing but not entirely sure.

Crixus was okay and I liked that he talked to me and understood where I was coming from, but Violet I wasn't too sure about. What if she did end up taking Daddy away? Or what if she was an evil stepmother like in Cinderella?

"You and me will be?" Daddy says pulling me from my thoughts before they get out of hand. He pauses waiting for me to reply.

"Always," I whisper and he pulls me to his chest.

"Trust me, the one thing, that nothing in this world can change. Is you and me will be always," he sings out soothing my frayed nerves.

"Shall we have a bedroom picnic little baby?" Daddy asks taking my hand and leading me out to the car.

"Can we have pizza and fruit punch?" I ask and he quickly nods.

"Do you maybe want to ask me anything?" he asked nervously making eye contact with me through the rearview mirror.

We spend the night talking not even watching the Iron Man movie Daddy keeps trying to make me watch. He hears all my worries and soothes them as best as he can, always reminding me that it's me and him forever.

Always...

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀