25. Control

Miles found himself surrounded by black nothingness once again, Billy was standing right in front of him like he was expecting him.

- So after all, you ARE going to use the Walrider in combat. Billy said while crossing his arms. Now that's a surprise.

- If it comes to that, then yes, I will. Miles answered while looking back at him determined.

- Very well. Billy continued. I think I need to remind you that someday, what little you are using of this power, will not be enough.

- I know that Billy. I know that very well. Miles said. And If there is indeed another Walrider out there, stronger than me, I will need to get prepared.

- But what if it isn't enough? Billy asked.

Miles then raised an eyebrow as he said:

- Well, you tell me, you were the one using this thing back at the asylum. You know this power better than anyone.

- My point is... Billy says. If such a thing exists, it will be stronger, smarter and faster than my Walrider ever was.

Miles slowly walked up to him.

- It doesn't matter... If I can just put up a decent fight...! Miles says while looking at his fists. Billy, please, I need you to teach me. I need to learn how to control this thing in battle!

Billy then closed his eyes.

- It would be the least I can do for you after freeing me, but I'm sorry Miles, I can't do that.

- Why not? You are the boss when it comes to the Walrider right? Miles says while he grabs him by the shoulders.

- I can't offer you extra help Miles, you will need to do it yourself. That is the only way to connect with your power. Billy answers.

Miles then remembered, back at Waylon's House, he was able to connect with the Walrider in some type of way.

- And how do I do that? Miles asks.

- You already know what to do. Billy answers. You already did it once, you can do it again.

Billy disappears from Miles's hands, leaving him all alone in the dark room.

Miles clutched his fists and grinded his teeth.

- Okay... He said while taking a deep breath. I can do this. I can do this...

He closed his eyes, transferring the energy all over his body once again. Sweat started to drip from his face as the first thing he saw was himself being thrown against the wall by... The Walrider.

What he was seeing, was what happened back when he was still inside the asylum, running from the Walrider in the hallways of that horrible place.

He was then shown the scene where two of his fingers were cut off, the pain still flickering on his bandaged-up hands.

Miles grinded his teeth as he saw the chase that happened inside of the asylum he was in, all of them, the sewers, the prison... All of them.

Then he was reminded of being thrown out of a window, almost breaking his back.

And finally, he was shown the scene where he parked his car outside the asylum, ready to get in.

That was the point in his life that changed everything, from the moment he stepped inside the asylum his fate was sealed.

His fate of becoming the new host of the swarm, of the Walrider.

Just then, Lauren woke him up from his meditating state for them to carry out their mission.

Miles then remembered something important, when was he going to tell Daniel and Lauren about the probability of a new Walrider rising and killing him?

That was something that stayed with him and Waylon, thinking that it may bring too much fear inside the hearts of the companions they would make during their journey.

But he was thinking that Lauren deserved to know, after all, they promised to always keep each other's back during these moments.

- Miles! Come on! Lauren said. Daniel just said that the targets will be arriving shortly.

- Uh... Right, okay. Grab my hand. Miles said.

- You are going to get us over that wall? Lauren asked. Didn't you say that the Walrider will make us visible when you use him to fly or teleport?

- Well... I managed to get a little upgrade. I noticed it when I flew over to Waylon's window to confront him. Just trust me, okay?

- Okay.. I trust you. Lauren answered as she took his hand.

Just when she held on to him, she felt only felt that power in the air only for a second.

Before she knew it, they were inside the facility. Miles looked at her and said:

- Now I am even faster and quicker right? There isn't enough time for the Walrider to be seen around us, thus making it difficult for the enemy to spot us from afar. He explained. Pretty cool huh?

Lauren simply gave him a nod, still shocked by the amount of speed that she just witnessed.