Chapter 7: What is soccer?

3rd Person POV

???: "Oi. Wake up!"

The girl slowly opened her eyes to see a girl with a long black and white hair.

???: "Ayaka...-san?"

Ayaka: "That's right. So wake up, Yui!"

Yuri- no. Yui eyes widened hearing her real name and then calmed down.

Yui: "....." *Sigh* "I told you I'm Yuri right now."

Ayaka: "Oh sorry I forgot."

Yui: "... Never mind."

Yui POV

Kakuma: Look, Shindou's hands have begun to move with grace! The ball is being passed within Raimon Eleven according to Shindou's orders! Like a conductor on the field playing the music of game! There goes the superior command of Kami no Takuto (God's Baton)!

Tenma: "Kami no Takuto?"

Kakuma: There it is! Shindou's hissatsu shoot, Fortissimo! Raimon finally gets a point, making it 2-1!

The whistle blew.

Kakuma: Time is running short! The efforts of both teams are making this a close contest!

Shinsuke: "This is so cool! Captain's going all-out!"

Aoi: "But they're acting according to Fifth Sector's orders in their game too, right?"

Tenma: "I watched last year's final really closely."

Shinsuke: "Both teams looked like they were playing seriously, but-"

???: "Of course they were. It was serious."

The sudden voice made me jumped as me, Tenma, and the others turned to Haruna.

*Whistle*

Kakuma: The game is over! Despite Raimon's bold attack, the champions of this year's Holy Road is Kidokawa Seishuu with a score of 2-1! A new reigning!

Haruna: "We lost, but I think everyone felt accomplished in that match. Even though Fifth Sector manages the games, there are times when you can play to the fullest of your abilities. Although a case like this one is rare on a grand stage liked Holy Road. Even practice matches with other schools, liked the one with Eito earlier, can either have the score predetermined or be kind where you can play without holding back."

Kana: "Eh~"

Haruna "By the way, why were you watching last year's game?"

Haruna asked as she was looking at me, who turned gaze to the ground. I turned to Aoi, who had thought that she was looking at me and started to explain.

Aoi: "Holy Road is coming up. We watched it to see how it was like last year."

Shinsuke: "Besides, this place has lots of records of previous games."

I heard the door open and turned to it. Endou was standing at the door, holding what appeared to be some rolled paper.

Endou: "Hey good morning!"

Everyone: "Good morning!"

Endou: "Is it just you guys?"

Tenma: "Yes..."